It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board

• how do chronic hives start?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-11-2007, 10:14 AM   #1
    deanne1011
    (female)

deanne1011 HB User
    how do chronic hives start?

how do chronic hives start?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-11-2007, 10:42 PM   #2
    HAIRDOER
    (female)

HAIRDOER HB User
    Re: how do chronic hives start?

Well, that is a loaded question. If I knew the way it started for every different type of chronic hives there is, I would be worth billions and no one would ever suffer from them again. In my humble opinion, it is different for every person. In some, it is a autoimmune disease/ disorder. I am allergic to my own hormones. Progesterone to be exact. Autoimmune basically means the body turns against itself and in the case of hives, the mast cells get all confused and cause the release of histamine and it manifests in various ways. Some get nasal allergies, or itchy eyes. Some people just get little itchy bumps. Others get things like asthma or exzema. There are many root causes and no one really has the answer to why the body can turn against itself. There are many autoimmune diseases. Most with hives are due to food or environmental things and it should go away all by itself in a matter of weeks. Some get hives because of heriditary. I found my own cause and treatment and after 5 years, they are gone. I hope yours don't last near that long!

Old 10-12-2007, 09:25 AM   #3
    deanne1011
    (female)

deanne1011 HB User

I have read that a sign they are about to strike up again is the itching of the scalp. This is how it all started with me 4 years ago (age 29) pretty much my first day at my new job. I was under terrible stress (a lot happening in my life at once, including the intimidating job). I had no idea what was happening to me. I went in the bathroom and I couldn't scratch my head enough! After the sensation stopped on my head, the hives slowly started to move down my body; neck, arms, torso, then legs. It was soooo bad! I went to the ER, went on steroids, and antihistamines until they resolved (about 4 months). Well, I thought, that was weird and that was it. Until it happened again! only 4 months later!! All over again and just as bad as before! I coped with it as best as I could like before and this has comntinued to happen on and off now since. Nothing can be pegged as to when this happens to me. I have been through blood tests, scratch allergy tests, been to a rhuemetoid dcotor, etc. Nothing. What is one to do? Sometimes it gets so bad, I cannot function (work, etc.) There has got to be better treatment out there but nobody really cares because "they are not dangerous". Yeah, well, people have to live their lives! I was told that this can continue up to 10 years on and off but the episodes will likely me few and far between. Well, that is not the case with me! they have been coming very often and I can't take it anymore!

Old 10-12-2007, 01:14 PM   #4
    HAIRDOER
    (female)

HAIRDOER HB User

Perhaps you might be interested in reading my other posts on this board called hormone allergies.

Closed Thread