It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board

• Allergy Shots??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-13-2007, 04:30 PM   #1
    Waynoiam
    (male)

Waynoiam HB User
    Allergy Shots??

I have been going for allergy shots for about 2 months. Has anyone else noticed increased fatigue when going for shots??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-15-2007, 01:21 AM   #2
    anders15
    (male)

anders15 HB User
    Re: Allergy Shots??

I have been on allergy shots for about a year. I'm 17 and my counselor thinks it contributes to my severe anxiety and depression, but i don't see how. They perfectly safe from what I hear and hope that they aren't the cause for my anxiety and depression.

Old 11-15-2007, 04:42 AM   #3
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

I've done them 3 times in my life and would say the opposite is true....but not at 2 months - took about 6 months for me to notice a difference which made me feel better and more energetic.

Old 11-17-2007, 06:49 PM   #4
    montereychic
    (female)

montereychic HB User

Hi there,

I also started getting allergy shots about a month and half ago for severe allergies to pollen. I reacted severely on testing to every single pollen, as well as dog, cat, dustmites. I was unable to tolerate shots due to large hives at injection site when I was a teen (am 39 now) so they started me off at a very dilute dose and four shots, once a week.

Well, I had problems from the first shot.. my sinuses would swell up within seconds of my shots. I was told to take an antihistamine before. That worked for a couple of weeks, but then I started to get very fatigued/exhausted after my shots the last few times. Also a bit nauseous. I felt like I was coming down with something, but I never had a skin reaction and it would go away by the next day. Well this week, same thing happened, except the next day, I started to have swelling of the larynx and sinuses, coughing, tight throat, tingling toungue, and swelling around my lips. I went to the ER and called my allergist. I was given Benedryl and Prednisone to take for 3 days. I am on day 2, and have to see my allergist this week to see if I can still take the shots.

Sooo... I would say that if it is unusual fatigue that comes on only AFTER your shot, then gets better, you should see the dr. before another shot. I would mention it either way. But I have heard of folks who have to nap after their shots and have no other problems with them. If it is a general fatigue all the time, I am not sure why. I know that starting immunotherapy can stir up your allergies, and maybe that causes fatigue. I would talk to your allergist about this.

Closed Thread