HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Allergies (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/allergies/)
-   -   Leaky gut STILLLLL (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/allergies/555474-leaky-gut-stilllll.html)

Sco24 12-02-2007 02:44 PM

Re: Leaky gut STILLLLL

pursie

I think i remember you from the thyroid board.. but my name is sco24.. i think theres another person with scoot.. haha..close enough though.

well for starters pursie if i were you i would quit smoking! i know its easier said than done but heres how i think of it.. i never smoked, but nerely ALL my relatives do or did. And they all have had health problems, from ovarian cysts to breast cancer to lung problems to influenza and death.. it's just not worth it.. especially if like you said, you have 3 kids, a life i'm sure you want to keep and a chance to NOT have ill health. it pretty much comes down to what you want out of your life. try to fill the pull to ciggs with something else.. more time with your kids? family, friends? a hobby, a career, time to people less fortunate than youself (charity), something, anything you love to do.

as for red meat try to cut it back and eat the wild game meats instead.. even if there not organic. sometimes you can find grass fed (grain free) game that is NOT organic so it's cheaper, but still its better than the grain, caged fed birds.. the reason being the fats ratio i talked about gets really wacked in the birds when there fed ONLY grains. just like human beings, so they are less healthy.

Try to cut back on the sugar, the chocolate, etc. Intead try to space it out more and more, filling up the week with veggies, fruits, nuts, etc. that way maybe on weekends you can have a little treat, some desserts (healthy kind i can give you recipes) .. for example dates, those are great and can make really good desserts. the big thing is, is to try and shift your diet slowly but surely to where it is healthy.. trust me, if you were to implement this diet all the way, or even partly, it will make you feel a lot better, you won't get sick so much, and you won't need so MANY ANTIBIOTICS, which can cause havok in your system... also take good PROBIOTICS for your intestinal health.

you'll also drop weight like crazy... oh yeah, the reason for red meat is the saturated fats... i guess in short there's these things called prostoglandulins (for sure spelled that wrong) that are divided up into groups, say 1 and 2... they control the immune system, and other health things like inflammatory reactions in the body... omega 3's help promote the regulatory and anti-inflammatory ones in group 1, while saturated fats produce inflammatory 2. monosaturated fats have no affect on this i believe, which makes them ideal if you need energy, etc... there in olives, olive oil, hazel nuts, etc.

that gets complicated, i get confused with it all sometimes, but you can read all about this if you type in best bet diet, etc... which it primarily was brought about for autoimmune sufferers, etc. it really helps...

anyway, there's a lot of info out there, and if you ****** some of this stuff you probably can find a lot better explanations than what i'm giving you this quickly... there's also things like almond milk etc.. there's a ton of good foods out there.. you just have to get yourself to make the change then your good.. then you can help other people out that are in your situation... it's a good thing.

and drink lots of pure water.

oh, by the way, i'm 25yrs old... had this all start after i had knee surgery when i was 22... it's been a long road and hopefully i can heal my leaky gut up... then i can finally eat all the good veggies/fruit again..

have a nice sunday
scott

whatishappening 12-02-2007 06:06 PM

Hello ! Good luck with all of your testing ! Sounds like your on the right track. Did you really notice a good change once you started eating correctly? I just noticed feeling a lot of energy and lost some weight, cool there... It really is mind over matter. If you want to feel better, take control ! I know i couldn't live with myself if i went back to eating what i wanted and listening to my rhumy dr... My natural dr opened up a new door! About my terrible knees... After my daughter was born, this all started. Slow pain in one, very gradual and finally swelling, then scary enough, my other knee did the same thing. That's when i knew something was really wrong. Tons of testing which lead to meds. When i went to my natural dr, he told me that my hips were out of line ( no other dr.s knew this including my gp, ortheopedics and rhumy drs !) He gave me prolotheropy shots to fix this, amazing... and suggested i have food allergy testing for my lupus like condition. Obviously what he suspected was right on. I guess it has been about 3.5 years all together.
When did you start noticing your problems ? And what foods are you allergic too? I do admit that i am DIEING from not eating any dairy ! Especially my coffee and cream and none the less sugar too !!!!!!!!! ahhhhhh

pursie 12-02-2007 11:29 PM

thanks scatt i didnt realize i was talking to a 25 year old male !! lucky me on a sunday aswell lol sorry scott xxxxlets keep this healthy ,
im going to take your advice cos it all rings true it always feels like there is an inflammation process going on in my body ?? the drs really cant expalin the flare ups i have??? its not sjorgans or lupus so afr just hashsi and antibodies out of control i expect ?????
i will start it slow and just but natural yogurt and stuff and evian and i will try to have fish more i presume fish in tins like tuna really dont count and i will get some omega 3 pills thanks scott , and hi its been a while or are you still visiting the thyroid dissorders/?
and thankyou for telling me about all thsi i had no idea scaott, lots of love katxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxps do you live in sunny america or cold americaxxxxxxxxxxxxx:angel:

Sannah 12-03-2007 10:31 AM

[QUOTE=Sco24;3330253]how was Theodore Cole anyhow? knowledgable? what was the cause of your daughter's leaky gut? what was the treatment like?
[/QUOTE]

I think Dr. Cole is an excellent doc! My daughter's leaky gut was caused from all bad flora and no good normal flora. She couldn't maintain good flora because of her overall health. Dr. Cole put her health back in balance with Psychosomatic Energenics. He put her flora back in balance with rectal ozone and Chinese herbs. I don't have leaky gut but my normal flora is out of whack too and he is treating me now with Chinese herbs and rectal ozone. I feel MUCH better after starting this treatment over a month ago.

Sannah 12-03-2007 10:37 AM

[QUOTE=whatishappening;3330446] My leaky gut is because of food allergies. I have autoimmune disease, connective tissue disease like arthritis spicifically. [/QUOTE]

Hi What's. From my knowledge of leaky gut, the leaky gut causes the food allergies and then the autoimmune diseases. Allergies are an overactive immune system (your immune system shouldn't be reacting to these harmless things) and autoimmune diseases are an immune system that has really gone out of control because now it is seeing your own body as a threat. Your immune cells are in your gut and if your gut isn't healthy and functioning normally your immune system cannot be healthy either.

pursie 12-03-2007 12:21 PM

good point youve raised for us all, its really frightening i didnt even know this was going on in our guts yuk, so what chineese herbs were beneficial that made you feel better thats what we all want at the end of the day, its so confusing , xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:angel:

whatishappening 12-03-2007 12:21 PM

Thank you Sannah for the info. I guess i am impatient and wondering about how long it takes to heal leaky gut? This is all new to me ( two weeks now !) Just trying to absorb all this info. and create new and healthy dishes. Does anyone know when to try to reintroduce (the allergic) foods back into the diet ? I heard from anywhere to six months to a year. Take care guys;)

Sannah 12-05-2007 05:12 AM

My doc prescribed specific herbs/meds according to my stool analysis. What he prescribed was specific for my flora problems. The rectal ozone is amazing too. It's high oxygen levels sterilizes out the bad bacterias and promotes healing. I felt better after the treatments. One week my treatment was late for a few days and I could tell. My gut is getting better now. This week my treatment is delayed also but I cannot tell because I guess I have fewer bad guys in there because I have been getting treatment now for 5 weeks.

My doc does specific treatment for the gut for 2 to 3 months. If you need your overall health improved for other reasons this would depend on that and the for it treatment.