It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board

• Allergies- dizzy and sometimes lightheaded? need help

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-02-2008, 01:30 PM   #1
    redsands8
    (female)

redsands8 HB User
    Allergies- dizzy and sometimes lightheaded? need help

Anyone feel light headed or dizzy when allergy season arrives- I have that. Now I have hAD all kind of vestibular tests, and a brain mri- all negative- yes I do have allergies and do take shots, but I still get clogging in my ears and pressure over my ears,( almost like when I fly)- My Dr. says my eustachian tube doesn't function properly and that sometimes I get dizzy-
    but there isn't much I can do. I do some head positioning exercises every day- anyone else- have you had what I am describing??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-07-2008, 07:16 AM   #2
    Yikes777
    (male)

Yikes777 HB User
    Re: Allergies- dizzy and sometimes lightheaded? need help

Hey kiddo.

Allergies can certainly be a cause of your symptoms. A few years ago I started with the same thing, but added a few symptoms of my own. When your nasal passage is acting up it can cause all kinds of inner ear problems. I went from Dr. to Dr. ( including a Neurologist in Chicago who specializes in dizziness and balance issues).looking for answers. The one thing that they all looked at was a possible allergy connection. I am starting to feel fatigued these past few weeks, and I am blaming allergies and plan on starting with the shots soon. So far minimal dizziness.

I'm hoping that your Dr.s are looking at this for you. There can be many causes for your symptoms. One good place to post is the inner ear board. There are alot of horror stories there, but there are several other inner ear issues that don't seem to apply to you so don't let them scare you off. There are a ton of great people there and they can help you more than I.

Good luck!

Old 04-16-2008, 09:54 AM   #3
    eloise_girl24
    (female)

eloise_girl24 HB User
    Re: Allergies- dizzy and sometimes lightheaded? need help

i get really bad dizziness from my allergies. every year it's like clockwork. in the spring i get it bad and also in the fall. i just get this dizzy, lightheaded, foggy feeling all the time when my allergies are bad. i have nasal congestion from allergies which could also cause dizziness. my anxiety also acts up which i know can cause dizziness. ive had the dizziness every spring and fall for at least the past 7 years that i can remember. that's when i started actually noticing it and making note of it.

Closed Thread