It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board

• Nasal Polyps and Cyst?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-04-2008, 04:06 PM   #1
    Spoonerz
    (male)

Spoonerz HB User
    Nasal Polyps and Cyst?

Hello everyone. I would like some advice, information, help, etc. about my condition. My left nasal has, I believe, polyps and a cyst. At first, I can only feel one tissue up in there. But now, I feel another tissue growing. There is absolutely no airflow at all, but I get constant mucus and nasal discharges. I have been suffering for over a year now. My sense of smell and taste is gone. My right nasal has about 30% air flow. Sometimes 80% and up on rare occasions. I'm not sure if I'm allergic to anything because I cannot afford to get diagnosed. But I do take Mucinex DX. Perhaps this community can help me diagnose what this condition is? What will happen if I leave it untreated? I do not feel any pain yet. Sometimes I feel dizzy, but not too bad. Can I remove it myself? Like say, grab it with a tweezer and pull it out?

I hate the way I sound when I talk. It's like holding your nose and talking.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-04-2008, 06:06 PM   #2
    dolysods
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

dolysods HB User
    Re: Nasal Polyps and Cyst?

have you ever used a neti pot? or any form of irrigation? it helps wash out any allergens. Have you tried any otc allergy meds?

The mucionex.. DM or D?

Old 06-04-2008, 06:35 PM   #3
    Spoonerz
    (male)

Spoonerz HB User

Thank you for your reply. I use Mucinex D. I also use Mucinex Nasal Spray Full Force. Both products work well for me. But lately, it doesn't seem to have a strong effect on me anymore. But it works well for my right nasal. I've been using the products for over 2 months now. I have never used any form of irrigation. I shall also try neti pots. Thanks for the recommendation.

Old 06-04-2008, 06:40 PM   #4
    dolysods
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

dolysods HB User

CVS has a neti pot (about $15)and 20 packets of sinucleanse. I prefer the premix. However, the directions say use 1-2 packets per neti pot. Start out with 1/2 a packet for each side. For me it burns! I googled how to use a neti pot before i used it.. now i wish i would have used it 20 yrs ago!

Last edited by dolysods; 06-04-2008 at 06:41 PM.

Old 06-04-2008, 06:50 PM   #5
    gcsjr
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

gcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB User

A couple of thoughts - first of all, if you have polyps you need to see an Ear, Nose & Throat doctor, there's no way to effectively treat or manage polyps on your own. The doctor can prescribe a short course of oral steroids (and maybe an ongoing prescription for steroid nasal spray) to shrink the polyps.

Irrigation is a good idea but I'd recommend that you use a SinusRinse bottle (available at CVS or Walgreen's) with the pre-mixed packets instead of the neti pot. The SinusRinse bottle is much more effective at getting the saline up into your nasal passages.

Closed Thread