It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board

• Allergies and acid reflux....what foods do you find cause it?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-24-2008, 10:42 PM   #1
    shrtcak81
    (female)

shrtcak81 HB User
    Allergies and acid reflux....what foods do you find cause it?

I'm trying to find out what may be causing my 24/7 chronic acid reflux. I'm thinking it might be something I'm eating. I've heard of gluten and dairy allergies causing it. Has anyone found out what food allergies/sensitivities they have that cause acid reflux? Thanks!

Crystal

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-25-2008, 09:07 AM   #2
    dolysods
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

dolysods HB User
    Re: Allergies and acid reflux....what foods do you find cause it?

i have a hiatal hernia /reflux. I have to be careful on the amount of garlic i eat and tomato based sauces. If i have something like pizza, lasanga, tomato soup.. almost guaranteed flare up and have to sleep elevated for a few days.

Start a journal and rate your symptoms throughout the day.. list all your foods, times of day that you eat.. I also cannot eat past about 7pm. Depending on the food, even 7pm can be too late. See if there is any common denominator with your symptom ratings with the food. If there is..cut the food out for a week and reevaluate your symptoms

Old 09-26-2008, 01:24 PM   #3
    diane29
    (female)

diane29 HB User

for me it is eggs and I was tested and am allergic to them.

Old 09-27-2008, 11:12 AM   #4
    kzipp
    (female)

kzipp HB User

I also have alot of acid reflux, so bad that sometimes I can't swallow my food. I just now ate potatoes and eggs with fresh garlic.. And wow I really had burning and reflux. The thing is which am I allergic to..eggs or garlic? I think its the garlic ... i put alot on this time.

I might go to an allergist to find out for sure...You may want to do the same...

Last edited by kzipp; 09-27-2008 at 11:16 AM. Reason: delete

Old 09-27-2008, 11:15 AM   #5
    kzipp
    (female)

kzipp HB User

I also have alot of acid reflux, so bad that sometimes I can't swallow my food . I just now ate potatoes and eggs with fresh garlic.. And wow I really had burning and reflux. The thing is which am I allergic to..eggs or garlic? I think its the garlic ... i put alot on this time.

I might go to an allergist to find out for sure...You may want to do the same...

Old 09-27-2008, 11:20 AM   #6
    kzipp
    (female)

kzipp HB User

I also have alot of acid reflux, so bad that sometimes I can't swallow my food. I just now ate potatoes and eggs with fresh garlic.. And wow I really had burning and reflux. The thing is which am I allergic to..eggs or garlic? I think its the garlic ... i put alot on this time.

Old 10-04-2008, 01:51 PM   #7
    Oleander53
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Oleander53 HB UserOleander53 HB UserOleander53 HB User

I have had acid reflux and a number of upper and lower GI problems.......I have changed my diet and stopped eating after a certain time, tried all kinds of things...It was really starting to control my life.

Just recently had an allergy test (RAST test) and it showed I am allergic to milk. I was so suprised.....I cannot understand why I have not been tested for this before. I had a severe allergic reaction to ice cream and that is why I was tested.....not due to my stomach problems....I had no idea I had a problem with Milk.. Looks like Casein can be the culprit in milk and it is in everything just about that is processed.....I have learned much in the last 2 weeks.

Amazing today is my 3rd day of milk/dairy free eating and guess what? My stomach has been great. So I would say it is worth checking out. I am amazed at the difference in my stomach.....just never connected it to milk products. Doctor said stress, medications, IBS, and so on......never mentioned allergy.

Hope that helps someone...........Oleander

Closed Thread