It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board

• just found out allergic to penicillin also other stuff

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-18-2008, 01:00 AM   #1
    beth11
    (female)

beth11 HB User
    just found out allergic to penicillin also other stuff

hi
    i have been tested with patch test by occupationalm health as i work in a hospital
    i found out am allergic to parfum,fragrances , balsm of peru, and rubber it is a accelerator used in rubber products that i am allergic to

work have now given me accelerator free gloves as i work on a ward in the nhs
    bt recently i have had a reaction in my feet
    they not sure what i reacting to! but it itches and cracks like dermatius
    and recently it got infected i couldnt walk
    dr said was cellulitus
    i had couple week off work he put me on penicillin and well the next day
    me feet were swollen my hand puffed and eyes puffed
    aparently i was allergic to penicillin as a child and my mum forgot to tell me yrs ago when i left home at 19 i am now 47 omg
    old
    any ways my dr helped and gave me betnovate ect and aqueous cream and i had one week off sick and two week hol

i went back on night shift last night and half way through shift me feet were itching wierd me thought i not wearing me croc which dr wondered if me was allergic to
    when i got home i wanted to scratch scratch and scratch bt it makes it worse cos it comes back quick the itch
    me feet had swollen and skin looked very red and angry
    the thing i did notice was me feet were hot and not sweaty but perspiring on the top of me feet
    surely i cant be allergic to my own sweat!!!!!!!????
    also i notice a top i had put on as had to work in theatre under me arms began to itch and had got a rash
    help help beht
    me allergic to stuff and now penicillin along with having ptsd and seizures which are not epilepsy
    me fed up
    i went back to work and done one shift and now in pain
    BETH

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread