It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board

• Dry cough and trouble breathing for almost 5 months

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-27-2009, 11:26 PM   #1
    Shwick
    (male)

Shwick HB User
    Dry cough and trouble breathing for almost 5 months

At around March 12, I caught a cold from my little brother and developed a dry cough. However, the cold went away very quickly but the dry cough remained. I don't feel sick at all. I'm also getting shortness of breath throughout the whole day along with the cough and also my nose is very congested. I went to the doctor three times, got a chest x-ray and he was able to rule out pneumonia. Thinking it might have been asthma, he gave me an albuterol inhaler but it never worked after a week of using it. He also checked my breathing and found out that my lungs were perfectly clear and an oxygen test that he gave me showed that I had 100% oxygen in my blood. After that, he thought it might be allergies so he prescribed Clarinex, but after 2 weeks of using it, I didn't feel any better. However, whenever I go to my father's house (which was found to have an incredible amount of mold in the air vents), the symptoms get increasingly worse. Now it's been two days since I left my father's house and now I'm in my house, yet I still feel the same severity of the symptoms that I felt there. I don't think my house has that many allergens compared to my father's house, so could this whole business be caused by environmental factors or something else? Is there anything I can do in the meantime to somewhat alleviate these symptoms before I go to the doctor again? Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-31-2009, 03:13 PM   #2
    Roundhouse
    (female)

Roundhouse HB User
    Re: Dry cough and trouble breathing for almost 5 months

You will need to have allergy tests. I never realised I was allergic to so many things. My mother in law recently passed away and I was looking after her every need. I was using her disinfectant. That was 4 months ago. She sadly died and I cleared out her house and bought some of the disinfectant home. I have been suffering from shortness of breath since looking after her and on using the disinfectant at my home I realised it was that I was allergic to. I had allergy tests and found out that I am allergic to my dogs, dust mites, smoke, chemicals and bananas. It will help you to find out what you are allergic to. I had the asthma tests and nothing showed up the breathing tests are normal, but I went to a private doctor and he says I have allergy induced asthma, so that it why when I have the breathing tests nothing shows up. It would only show up when I am having an attack. It sounds to me that you have allergies.

Closed Thread