It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board

• I am having a nervous breakdown!!!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-16-2009, 01:57 AM   #1
    chrisgra57
    (female)

chrisgra57 HB User
    Smile I am having a nervous breakdown!!!!

About 3months ago, I woke up with little whelts around my bodice area, after that daythey started getting itchy and sore, they looked bruised when they were fading. 2 days later I was woken up by a lot of scratching, whole back, stomach, I went and sat up on lounge and had a small drink of water, within 10mins I had the most servere case of heartburn, I drink some lemonade to try and Burp, that only made things worse.
    That morning about 8am, my fiance took me to the hospital, there the doctor checked my back and said I should take 1 Phernergan tablet a day, Zantac, in a fizzy drink that tasted that bad, I'd rather put up with the heartburn. Went home and was drowsie and went to sleep. In the middle of the night I was woken up again by Red Hot 1cm raised Whelts, burning every part of me, went back to the hospital, Triage Nurse took 1 look at me and rushed me straight through, there they gave me intraveiniously, Phernergan, Zantec, Adrenaline, Oxygen, Ventolin (cause I'm an Asthmatic), about half an hour later, a nurse wanted to take my Blood Pressure with the automatic machine, as soon as the cuff started to put pressure on, it felt like a knife slowing cutting into me, I screamed in agony, they ended up doing it manually, even that was still painful.
    After 5hrs,I went home and continued with the Phernergan & Zantec, I ended up having 2 Zantec every 6hrs, 9 Phernergan per day, and that only keeps it at bay, but not for long.
    I got an appointment with a dermatologist, he did all the blood work he could, they came back Negative, he sent me to an Immunologist, who did the Skin ***** test...still Negative, he then said to STOP all medication immediately, without asking what medication I was on. Went home went off all meds, I was on 100mg Zoloft per day, 50mg Crestor per day, (cholesterol),
    had an appointment with him 2weeks later casue he was going to do a Food allergy Test, when I went for the appointment, reception told me he was on holidays, wouldnt be back for 2weeks.
    By now I have not had any Zoloft for 2wks, went on a crash diet so the cholestoerol wouldnt get any higher, if stress causes hive, then I'm about to explode.
    I still wake up every morning, itching and scratching, funny thing is I have never broken the skin when I have been having my scratch sessions. I would love to know what to do next.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-16-2009, 05:10 AM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: I am having a nervous breakdown!!!!

All this and no one ever suggested an antihistamine? How very odd.

Old 10-16-2009, 07:35 PM   #3
    dolysods
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

dolysods HB User

phenergan is also used as a antihistimine.

Good luck. I can't believe you quit your zoloft cold turkey. A lot of people would get sick just from that

Old 10-17-2009, 07:36 AM   #4
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Obviously it's not helping. I'd rather try something that IS an antihistamine rather IS USED AS an antihitamine....

Old 11-13-2009, 06:35 PM   #5
    chrisgra57
    (female)

chrisgra57 HB User

how do i try something that IS an antihistamine rather IS USED AS an antihitamine.... I dont understand exactly what you are saying, plz be specific.

Old 11-13-2009, 07:45 PM   #6
    dolysods
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

dolysods HB User

have you tried benadryl, claritin or zyrtec?

Old 02-05-2010, 06:54 PM   #7
    taiwanguy
    (male)

taiwanguy HB User

Cure for Chronic Hives and Allergies

Hives or Urticaria caused by excessive production of histamines inside our bodies.
    Histamines are a natural response of our system and it means that our body is trying to communicate with us .It is actually a blessing in disguise as our body is trying to warn us and trying to get our attention asking us to make some modification in lifestyle so we can avoid more serious and deadly diseases such as cancers. If we keep ignoring these signals we maybe on our way to bigger health problems. Just suppressing the histamines by taking anti-histamines is not a good approach. You must understand why your body suddenly started to produce more histamines and causing these allergy symptoms.
    In most cases of Chronic Urticaria or hives the cause is very simple " Chronic Dehydration".or in simple words “ Chronic shortage of Water inside a body", A groundbreaking research on this topic has done 20 years ago already by a great doctor Dr. F. Batmanghelidj and published in various medical journals but unfortunately this is not a money making deal for many government agencies as well as drug making companies so they rather not discuss about these findings. Imagine what money they are making if people just start curing themselves with plain water. It would be a nightmare for them but fortunately the cure for Hives is simple as it is.
    Histamines are part of our immune system and they are responsible for various important tasks in a human body including fighting viruses and bacteria. The one most important task of histamines is water management and regulation inside our system .A human body has a very sophisticated water management system and almost every organ in our bodies needs water to work properly.
    Remember 75% of a human body consist on water and needs a 2 quart of water daily to perform essential tasks inside our system. This amount of water is essential and every major organ, cell and tissue requires water to function properly, The water we lose through urine, sweating , breathing, skin etc should be replenished and replaced on daily basis. A stable immune system is highly dependable on fully hydrated cells. When the cells are dehydrated your immune system goes haywire and set a perfect stage for diseases, secondly our bodies have a natural detoxification system which will not work properly or entirely without enough water and this will cause all kind of allergies and diseases including cancers.Imagine flushing a toilet with insufficient amount of water it wouldn't work. Same applies to a human body.

Due to modern age lifestyle, Alcohol( major factor) excessive amount of caffeine and other dehydrating foods and liquids used in our daily lives causes a severe drought inside our bodies. This is called " Chronic Cellular Dehydration", When body does not have enough supply of water naturally it releases these histamines to deal with water shortage and you get those hives as well as weird and unexplainable allergies as a result. In medical language it is called “idiopathic" by some idiots.
    None of any health problem is idiopathic almost all of the modern age disease are caused by some reasons and mostly it is chronic dehydration.

In a significant majority of patients a heartburn or other stomach ailments can be an initial sign of chronic dehydration and in most cases Urticaria is accompanied by gastrointestinal problems. Acid reflux occurs when stomach does not have enough water to break down the food so it produces more and more acid to dissolve food.This is another topic and i will not go into details here.
    Just remember taking antacid or PPI ( proton pump inhibitors ) is the worst thing you can do to your body.Try to avoid them as much as possible.

Here is the simple cure for Hives and other chronic ailments.

1. Start the process of rehydrating your body with 8 glasses of pure water per day ( two glasses of water every 3 hrs).
    Water is natural “antihistamine”. When your body has enough amount of water it will stop releasing excessive amount of histamines which means no hives.
    Juices or any other beverages do not count as water, Use ONLY PLAIN WATER,

2. Stop alcohol, caffeine and sodas. they dehydrate your body . Rehydrating process will not work if you do not eliminate alcohol completely and decrease the intake of caffeine to lowest or eliminate from your diet at all.

3. Use some salt( preferably unrefined sea salt), pinch for a glass or 3 grams for 10 glasses of water.( if you have a blood pressure talk to your doctor before adding the salt to the water).
    When you start drinking more water you have more urine output that is why salt is important with more water intake so your body does not get depleted by essential minerals and sodium.
    If possible get a good quality mineral supplement and take it on daily basis.

Remember your body is dehydrated for years so hydration is not possible in a day or two, Do not rush and Do not overdo it, Go slowly, be patient and persistent, it will take few weeks or so to fully hydrate however you will start to feel the effects in two weeks or so and will be free of hives and allergies completely in 4-8 weeks time plus your body will get rid of toxins and your overall health will improve with fresh and glowing skin.
    Give it a try and you have nothing to lose.

For any kind of persistent infections or colds you may try Oil of Oregano. it works wonders. Should be of good quality and brand though.

Hope this will help.

Last edited by taiwanguy; 02-06-2010 at 12:06 AM.

Old 02-06-2010, 04:01 AM   #8
    gcsjr
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

gcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
    Obviously it's not helping. I'd rather try something that IS an antihistamine rather IS USED AS an antihitamine....
    Phenergan IS an antihistamine. Like Benadryl it is a first generation H1 receptor agonist (antihistamine) that can cause significant drowsiness. It is a prescription antihistamine in the US but is available over the counter, and is much more commonly used, in Europe.

Closed Thread

Tags
    chronic hives, suggestions for controlling hives