It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board

• Tonsils and Allergies?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-09-2009, 05:40 PM   #1
    BEDY
    (female)

BEDY HB User
    Tonsils and Allergies?

Have anyone of you who have taken allergy shots noticed an increase in tonsils becoming inflamed? I also have noticed that they are very smelly...and has a sticky whitish film on them....has anyone experienced this with tonsils? I am 52 and would think they would not bother me, my doctor also mentioned that adults don't do as well with getting their tonsils removed....anyone else heard this?

have any of you adults past 40ish had your tonsils removed?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-09-2009, 07:10 PM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Tonsils and Allergies?

Adults have a very difficult recovery from tonsillectomies....but it's very much worth it in the long run. You can check the ENT board as there are lots of threads about it there.

Old 11-10-2009, 05:33 PM   #3
    BEDY
    (female)

BEDY HB User

Titchou, that is what the doctor told me today....I went in to get a chest xray order because of trouble with my breathing along with the tonsil problems....just seems like I have something stuck in my throat when they are bothersome, but yet, they aren't huge when I open my mouth....the doctor talked about the problem with bleeding, and that does frighten me a little....I just had the deviated septum and spur fixed in my nose 5 wks ago, so the drainage freaked me out quite a bit....no one prepared me for that, and I thought I was bleeding excessively....as it turned out, a trip to the ER and a overnight stay in the hospital for observation was appreciated, but may not have been necessary.....preparation for this kind of surgery is key to getting through the first few days....but I am not sorry I had it done, I would do it again.....breathing through the nose is a necessity.....

Old 11-10-2009, 05:42 PM   #4
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Yes, breathing is nice! I had my tonsils out at 25 and it was tough. I didn't have any bleeding after - in fact, it was fairly easy compared to some of the stories I've read on the ENT board! but it certainly wasn't a walk in the park. But it has been worth it! Haven't had strep throat or ear infections in over 35 years. And only 1 sinus infection!
    Before that, I had them all the time. Ended up with allergies to many antibiotics from taking them so much. Good luck to you!

Closed Thread