It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board

• Allergies and ear fluid/noises

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-19-2010, 07:42 AM   #1
    lena196
    (female)

lena196 HB User
    Allergies and ear fluid/noises

Hi all,

What to do? Looking for suggestions.

for 4 months I have had bad allergies, seasonal. The worst of all the symptoms is this constant ear hissing/fluid/pressure feeling.

I have it more on the left, than on the right.
    I am on astepro, flonase (which I stopped taking for a week and my ear is now 10Xs worse) sudafed as needed.

I just started steaming, not seeing much of a difference.

Went to dr yesterday who said I have lots of fluid in both ears. Under care of allergiest and ENT all who say this is eustachian tube issues. I am not sure how to deal with this.

Anyone out there with these symptoms. Any suggestions? I am about to start xyzal allergy meds, in hopes of it helping.

thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-19-2010, 11:45 AM   #2
    janewhite1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
    Re: Allergies and ear fluid/noises

Give the xyzal a week or two to see how it works. For some people it's fantastic, for others it doesn't help much.

Also, try to reduce your exposure to allergens if possible. Even if you are spending a lot of time outside during the day, just keeping it out of your bedroom at night can help a lot.

Old 09-19-2010, 01:06 PM   #3
    leighsa200
    (female)

leighsa200 HB Userleighsa200 HB Userleighsa200 HB Userleighsa200 HB Userleighsa200 HB Userleighsa200 HB Userleighsa200 HB User

In the past when I have had bad ear congestion, sometimes even totally blocking off my hearing, it has taken about a week or so to clear up.

And that's after being totally diligent about allergy meds with sudafed and nasal steroid spray.

Old 09-19-2010, 01:10 PM   #4
    MountainReader
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User

Have you had allergy testing? It might help if you know what you are specifically allergic to so you can try to avoid the allergens as much as possible.

Are you on any antihistamines? That might help as well. At one time, I was on Allergra in addition to Astelin, Flonase and Singulair.

Use of a Neti Pot might also be helpful as well.

Closed Thread