It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board

• Does your neck ever hurt when your allergies act up?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-29-2010, 07:27 AM   #1
    tryingtorelax
    (female)

tryingtorelax HB User
    Does your neck ever hurt when your allergies act up?

Off and on since the middle of August my neck feels sore, not stiff just sore. Most days by the afternoon I feel tired and I get that "flu feeling" in my neck and shoulders. I also get headaches in the back of my head more than sinus pressure in the front with my seasonal allergies. Is this normal? I take singulair 10mg once/day.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-01-2010, 02:13 PM   #2
    blazingsun20
    (male)

blazingsun20 HB User
    Re: Does your neck ever hurt when your allergies act up?

Well I have been recently diagnosed with a ton of allergies and my neck has been hurting like crazy. I do not know if it is from the extreme fatigue that I have or if it is from the allergies. Do you have problems sleeping as well?

Old 05-11-2011, 04:38 AM   #3
    rozia50
    Inactive
    (female)

rozia50 HB User

yes when allerigies act up so does my neck . I thought I was the only one. wow pollen count yesterday was 10 in Midwest and I was feeling every bit of it

Old 05-11-2011, 06:40 AM   #4
    janewhite1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

Could be from fatigue, could be from sinus congestion. I know yesterday I had a massive sinus headache and rubbing the back of my neck helped a lot!

Old 05-11-2011, 08:20 AM   #5
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Try something beside singulair...allegra or zyrtec are good choices.

Old 06-30-2011, 07:34 AM   #6
    lyn27
    (female)

lyn27 HB User

Mine hurts too. I dont know why maybe it is from sinuses or my dentist told me that it could be some muscles that i clench my jaw with from stress. It only happens during warm months when i have hay fever too, get tired and dont sleep well may be thats the stress.

Old 07-14-2011, 08:02 PM   #7
    sickofpain2
    Veteran
    (female)

sickofpain2 HB Usersickofpain2 HB User

Yes. It took me years to finally put this together. It just compounds the misery of allergies.

Old 07-14-2011, 08:05 PM   #8
    sickofpain2
    Veteran
    (female)

sickofpain2 HB Usersickofpain2 HB User

If you can afford a good massage therapist, they can help A LOT! Gentle tugging of hair is a painful pleasure and works better than any medication I have ever taken when I get headaches and neck flare-ups. I also have been going to an acupuncturist--has been a wild ride finding out what helps me not be in pain or being sick and depressed.

Closed Thread