It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board

• Hair smells like dirt after washing

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-30-2011, 10:26 AM   #1
    mudrunner324
    (female)

mudrunner324 HB User
    Hair smells like dirt after washing

I am having an awful time with my shampoos and conditioners. I regret having to wash it as it happens everytime, every shampoo and conditioner. I have long fine thin hair so a conditioner is a must. I get the smell of dirt, just as I do with certain colognes on the market. It is causing my head and face to be itchy, my eyes are severly irratated, and I cannot breath! I am on sinus meds and inhalers all due to my hair. The smell is unbearable. Many times I have to rewash it. The only conditioner I can use, is the ones you get in the hair dyes. This has been a life long problem. I am tired on not being able to breath. On the days I wash it, I have to use inhalers but if 3-4 days go by, then it disappears.My sister having the same problem has tried all the hypoallerginic and unscented shampoos and did not have any luck either. We really need help here and on the other sites, they are talking about their hair stinking that other people can smell, but only i can smell this dirt smell. HELP! By the way, I am allergic to penicillin, sulfa drugs, bactrum, vacromycin, cox2 inhibitors.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-30-2011, 07:47 PM   #2
    janewhite1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
    Re: Hair smells like dirt after washing

Have you tried conditioning with something simple? Like egg yolk or coconut oil? There are a number of "food" oils that do well in hair, and you just use a little, like the amount you could fit under a fingernail.

Alternatively, you could just cut your hair short enough that it doesn't need conditioner.

Old 06-17-2011, 11:33 AM   #3
    whitemore55
    Inactive
    (male)

whitemore55 HB User
    Re: Hair smells like dirt after washing

I think you could not clean your hair properly. Do not apply all the things what you get in front of your hand. You can use a good coconut oil or olive oil.
    I think you will free from the problem.

Closed Thread

Tags
    allergy, conditioner, dirt smell, penicillin, shampoo