It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board

• allergy shots and overseas travel (5 months)

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-22-2011, 07:18 AM   #1
    jj4187
    (female)

jj4187 HB User
    allergy shots and overseas travel (5 months)

I have been getting allergy shots for about 2 months now and work has started talking about sending me to Australia for 5 months for a project.
    Does anyone know how I would be able to continue my allergy shots while there so that I don't have to start over?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-22-2011, 07:54 AM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: allergy shots and overseas travel (5 months)

You would need to talk with your doctor about this. At this point in the process, I doubt they would let you give them to yourself. You may have to either stay and get the shots or go and start over when you get back.

Old 06-22-2011, 08:19 AM   #3
    janewhite1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

You might also be able to set up the shots with an allergist there. If you're getting them for outdoor allergies, you'll probably have to bring or ship your own vials because they have different pollens in Australia, but it could be arranged. My allergist's office provides shots to travel patients routinely.

Old 06-22-2011, 10:02 AM   #4
    sue430
    (female)

sue430 HB Usersue430 HB Usersue430 HB Usersue430 HB Usersue430 HB Usersue430 HB User

I'm sure that your allergist will make you up some serum to take with you, then you could take it to a doctor over there & go there for the shots. Where I go, it's pretty common for people to see the allergist, get the serum made up & then take it to a doctor closer to home for the monthly injections.

Old 06-22-2011, 11:05 AM   #5
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

My concern is that she is not at maintenance dose yet. That could get tricky in terms of how much to take of what strength.

Closed Thread

Tags
    allergy shot, australia, travel