It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board

• Reoccurring rash/hives???

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-01-2013, 11:42 PM   #1
    lialove
    (female)

lialove HB User
    Unhappy Reoccurring rash/hives???

Hello everyone I was wondering if anyone else is having anything like this, I have been having this reoccurring rash/hives since about a week prior to Easter. It usually starts as itchy little red dots (raised) all over my feet and non itchy flat spots on the palms of my hands. Then blotches of hives/rash will appear in different areas usually in a spreading motion but sometimes sporadically. These spots are raised and usually don't itch but sometimes will. This is a daily occurrence. I haven't changed any fabrics, soaps, come into contact with anything different. They happen at all times of the day and will last for up to 48 hours. They come at home and at work. I orig. thought this was a thyroid issue so I also posted something in the thyroid section. I did got to the doctor and he said it was highly unlikely that it was thyroid and that only very specific illnesses cause spots on the palms of the hands such as syphilis and lupus, I was tested for those and those were negative. I would appreciate any input! They are very unsightly and the ones I have all over my legs right now do itch. Claritin, benadryll and zyrtec and hydrocortizone cream do not help.THANKS!

Tests I have had done:
    CMP14+CBC/C/Plt+TSH
    Measles/Mumps/Rubella Immunity
    Panel 083824
    Antinuclear Antibodies Direct
    RPR
    Sedimentation Rate-westergren
    C-Reative Protein, Quant

According to the doctor I tested negative/normal for everything

Last edited by lialove; 07-01-2013 at 11:54 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-02-2013, 04:33 AM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Reoccurring rash/hives???

Sounds like the stress related ones I get. Have you tried a dermatologist?

Old 07-02-2013, 10:25 AM   #3
    lialove
    (female)

lialove HB User

Not yet I have to save up for it, I was just trying to see if I could figure anything else out in the meantime.

Old 07-02-2013, 04:59 PM   #4
    Gigi45
    (female)

Gigi45 HB User

I get raised red spots that itch and white ones on my palm. This has to be stressed related. I have been to the dermatologist every year around springtime. I had every test and all came back negative. I am very frustrated and it drives you crazy wondering what this is. I will be fine and then I will have a itchy breakout. I thought it was something in my house or my pets but it happens outside of my house. Winter time it doesn't happen. Also I thought it was the pollen. Pls let me know what you find out.

Old 09-12-2013, 11:29 PM   #5
    lialove
    (female)

lialove HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gigi45 View Post
    I get raised red spots that itch and white ones on my palm. This has to be stressed related. I have been to the dermatologist every year around springtime. I had every test and all came back negative. I am very frustrated and it drives you crazy wondering what this is. I will be fine and then I will have a itchy breakout. I thought it was something in my house or my pets but it happens outside of my house. Winter time it doesn't happen. Also I thought it was the pollen. Pls let me know what you find out.
    Sorry for the late reply I have not checked this in a while. I am still having my problem and have not got anywhere At first the doctor said that it was a viral infection and when all the test came back normal? he said it is an allergic reaction. I can't figure out what I would be allergic to though as the occur so sporadically! I have had the following tests done:
    CMP14+CBC/D/Plt+TSH
    Measles/Mumps/Rubella immunity
    Panel 083824
    Antinuclear Antibodies Direct
    RPR
    Sedimentation Rate-Westergren
    C-Reactive Protein, Quant

I don't have the results on me but when I went back supposedly everything was normal. I have not had the money to try for a dermatologist yet ...
    Have you found anything for yours?

Old 09-13-2013, 04:37 AM   #6
    gigi11
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

gigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB User

I never went back to the dermatologist because they think I am crazy. It has calmed down but when ragweed came out recently my skin started to itch. I think it is a combination of indoor and outdoor allergies. The outdoor allergies have gotten worse that when combined with indoor your skin starts to react. My rocesea on my face is worse too. So I continue to use creams.

Old 09-13-2013, 08:49 AM   #7
    lialove
    (female)

lialove HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by gigi11 View Post
    I never went back to the dermatologist because they think I am crazy. It has calmed down but when ragweed came out recently my skin started to itch. I think it is a combination of indoor and outdoor allergies. The outdoor allergies have gotten worse that when combined with indoor your skin starts to react. My rocesea on my face is worse too. So I continue to use creams.
    I think my doctor thinks I am lying or the problem isn't that bad because of course when I did go I didn't have any symptoms haha go figure. Now I take pictures when I get bad outbreaks just in case I do go back. I wonder still if it is allergies for me I need to have allergy test done but I get the outbreaks anywhere at almost anytime except when I sleep.

Closed Thread

Tags
    hives, rash, reoccuring