It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board

• Can't get rid of hives, help?!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-06-2013, 10:26 PM   #1
    LilMissAliMarie
    (female)

LilMissAliMarie HB User
    Unhappy Can't get rid of hives, help?!

Ok so I've been trying to get rid of my hives for a little over a week now. This is the first time I've had them. I've gone to the doctor twice and the ER once for them. The doctor gave me 2 steroid shots and gave me some scripts. I'm using Triamcinolone Acetonide cream, I'm on day 4/6 MethylPREDNSolone pills, and I'm taking Hydroxyzine pills 4x daily. The ER suggested that it may be scabies and prescribed me the cream which I've already used and am through with. The ER also gave me a shot of meds that was suppose to kill the scabies if there were any and gave me a shot of benadryll. The ER wasn't sure if I actually had scabies or not but went ahead and treated me for them just in case. I live in my apartment with my boyfriend and he has been untouched. I've washed everything washable in hot water twice now and I've been staying at my grandmother's house until I can get rid of them. But they're still popping up. I haven't changed anything in my diet. I do own 3 cats but have never had problems with them. They are indoor cats and I haven't seen them in 4 days. I haven't changed anything in my daily routine. I'm just completely out of ideas for why/how I've gotten them and why I can't get rid of them. I have another predisone treatment waiting at the pharmacy for me prescribed by the ER but haven't picked it up yet because I'm still taking the Methyl. I have been to an allergist but all the tests came back negative. Help? Any ideas?

I have pictures of my hives if it helps anyone help me :P I'm not sure how to put them on the thread though. Could someone tell me how to do that too? I think it helps when I can actually see what people are talking about. The Hives have covered my entire body. I'm just miserable I've read through Danielle's post on her hives, I thought I copied the thread but guess I didn't, and I've tried almost everything people have suggested to her. Such as staying cool and not taking hot showers, but it's just not working for me. D:

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-06-2013, 11:36 PM   #2
    ladybud
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
    Re: Can't get rid of hives, help?!

Persistent hives can be associated with autoimmune diseases, like Hashimoto's thyroiditis and lupus. I would ask your Dr to check anti-thyroid antibodies on you (anti-TPO and anti-TG) and an ANA. Hives are often caused by drug reactions too. Have you taken any new meds or supplements prior to breaking out?

Old 07-07-2013, 06:05 AM   #3
    LilMissAliMarie
    (female)

LilMissAliMarie HB User
    Re: Can't get rid of hives, help?!

No new meds. I've only been taking birth control and I've been on the same bc for 4 years now. The hives are twice as bad now as they were last night.

Closed Thread

Tags
    hives