It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board

ALLERGY shots - anyone out there?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-05-2014, 03:53 PM   #1
Aleosha
(female)

Aleosha HB User
ALLERGY shots - anyone out there?

Hey everyone, I've been getting allergy shots for the past 9 months or so and been doing fairly well. They hurt a tiny bit, and I've only once had a reaction which was local (redness and swelling).

But when I got my allergy shots today, they STUNG. This has never happened before and the serum has not changed from last week, so why would I have a different reaction?

Anyone else with similar experience or an explanation of what's going on?

thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-05-2014, 07:17 PM   #2
ladybud
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: ALLERGY shots - anyone out there?

Stinging with an injection may occur from a couple of things: the alcohol wipe may not have dried completely before the needle went in, or the injection may have hit close to a nerve, which cannot be seen or anticipated. If there was no change in serum, or size of needle, it was probably one of those two things. Next time, ask the nurse to let the alcohol dry completely. It is unlikely to happen again.

Old 11-06-2014, 04:54 AM   #3
Titchou
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: ALLERGY shots - anyone out there?

Or your skin may just have been more sensitive that day. It happens. I wouldn't worry about it. Some of mine stung more than others. I never gave it a thought.

Closed Thread

Tags
allergies, allergy shot, allergy shots