It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board

Been sick for 2 1/2 months

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-26-2015, 04:15 PM   #1
BILLY5951
(male)

BILLY5951 HB User
Been sick for 2 1/2 months

Someone please help. I'm a 19 year old male with allergies I caught the full blown flu the second week of December followed by a week of asthma flare ups and then a week of fatigue. Then I started feeling better with some days better then others. But mainly at night up to this day still feel idk a little weak or fatigued. And I went to the doctor he said that with allergies a secondary infection usually occurs after the flu in people with allergies and he diagnosed me with sinusitis and gave me 10 day antibiotics. Today I took my last pill and I am still spitting out phlegm one time it was green but the rest clear. And now I feel hot but the thermometer says 96.8. Someone please help me is this allergies? lingering flu? Something serious? I'm scared. And it doesn't help I worry a lot about my health since I've been sick for 2.5 months. And I can't continue like this.I can't enjoy my life fully i still enjoy but always in the back of my head is how do I feel? I want to get back to how I was before. Happy all the time. Please let me know if this has happened to you. Will I get better? Please.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-26-2015, 06:26 PM   #2
Titchou
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Been sick for 2 1/2 months

Sounds normal for allergies, flu and asthma. I assume you are taking your antihistamine, daily asthma med and the rest as prescribed?

Old 02-27-2015, 09:44 AM   #3
BILLY5951
(male)

BILLY5951 HB User

all I take is my antibiotics which I finished but my asthma has been fine since that one week.

Old 02-27-2015, 01:06 PM   #4
Manny13840
(male)

Manny13840 HB User
Quote:
Originally Posted by BILLY5951 View Post
all I take is my antibiotics which I finished but my asthma has been fine since that one week.
Billy you aren't alone, i got sick in December with sinusitis got better then in January again got some anti biotics and got better still was spitting phlegm out, and February got sick again with sinusitis got another anti biotics, but since February i have reduced smell and taste went to my regular otolaryngologist which hes been my doctor since a kid, he says that not to worry spitting green phlegm doesn't mean I'm sick, he also says not to be spitting it out the phlegm instead just swallow it we all swallow phlegm all day its part of life, he says I don't have post nasal drip and not to be blowing my nose because it irritates my nose and he says i have very sensitive nose since I was a child and cold weather is dangerous for me and need to cover my nose and mouth outside on the cold... I also told him one side of my nostril gets blocked during sleep which is the side I lay and he asked does it go away after wake up I said yes and he says well thats ok its normal, sinus xrays came back negative so he says its allergies causing the issue, he prescribed a intranasal steriod spray and a anti allergic antihistamine med 5 mg to help, which it has helped with the phlegm problem still have some but not a lot... He did say I have to go back in a month after I finish with the med and spray.. He did say he does need to know if I got my taste and smell back... What I might have is allergic rhinitis.. Good thing i got my flu shot this past November, billy you might allergies and maybe cold weather affects you like it does to me. March is coming to spring is here soon and sunny weather!

Old 03-17-2015, 01:20 PM   #5
EricNC
(male)

EricNC HB UserEricNC HB UserEricNC HB User

I noticed some of the same things. I got a bad cold and sinus infection in mid December. I felt great after a z pack but limped through late January and February with cold and stomach virus symptoms. I think it may be one or two viruses and really bad mold allergies. I never had any mold issues as a kid, but it has really kicked my butt in the last ten years.

Old 03-17-2015, 10:46 PM   #6
ben9XZ
(male)

ben9XZ HB User

I once had what I thought was an upper respiratory infection for over 3 months, and took multiple antibiotics to cure it with no relief. I finally saw a third dr who diagnosed it as allergies. By that time I had to be on an inhaler and take multiple allergy medications until I found one that worked, but once I did I was fine. I also use a prescription nasal spray.

Closed Thread

Tags
allergies, flu