It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board

Living Healthy

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-08-2015, 10:07 AM   #1
amprice09
(male)

amprice09 HB User
Living Healthy

Just wanting to network with people and see who likes to do things that is alternative to medicine. I prefer the all natural approach to life with any ailments!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2016, 12:16 PM   #2
JohnR41
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
Re: Living Healthy

I totally agree with the natural approach to life. I also believe in living a healthy lifestyle to prevent ailments from happening in the first place. Most degenerative diseases, like heart disease, cancer, dementia etc. are preventable. It's a matter of knowing what to do and having the willingness to implement the healthy measures needed.

A healthy diet, exercise, and stress control combined with good sleep is like discovering "the fountain of youth". Medicine is definitely not my thing!

Last edited by mod85; 09-22-2016 at 06:02 PM.

Old 09-22-2016, 07:58 AM   #3
smokeymtnrain
(female)

smokeymtnrain HB Usersmokeymtnrain HB User

I like taking whole food vitamins and supplements. Makes a huge difference! Terry's naturally Curamed is VERY good. Also Garden of Life Vitamins and New Chapter...so many great whole food vitamins out there.

Old 05-05-2017, 11:29 AM   #4
MeditateGuy
(male)

MeditateGuy HB User

Agreed, in the US everything is focused on treating and not prevention. In my experience eating healthy and exercise is far better than any ipso facto treatment.

Old 05-05-2017, 11:47 AM   #5
smokeymtnrain
(female)

smokeymtnrain HB Usersmokeymtnrain HB User

If you read food labels, its mostly chemicals and what not....hardly any "food" in the ingredients. I'm sure that alone contributes to all kinds if problems but yes, western medicine wants to "manage" a problem instead of treating the problem. They react instead of prevent.

Old 05-05-2017, 05:07 PM   #6
MeditateGuy
(male)

MeditateGuy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeymtnrain View Post
If you read food labels, its mostly chemicals and what not....hardly any "food" in the ingredients. I'm sure that alone contributes to all kinds if problems but yes, western medicine wants to "manage" a problem instead of treating the problem. They react instead of prevent.
Agreed. While I dont eat a 'paleo' diet persay i've found their prinicples very useful. Basically they say only eat stuff that cavemen wouldve eaten. What this does is cuts out a lot of the harmful processed foods and chemicals. I still eat pizza, breads, sugars etc.. but to a lesser extent, basically everything in moderation

Reply Reply