HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Alternative Medicine (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/alternative-medicine/)
-   -   Natural Way to lower high blood pressure and cholestrol? (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/alternative-medicine/1019018-natural-way-lower-high-blood-pressure-cholestrol.html)

trinden1 04-17-2016 07:18 AM

Natural Way to lower high blood pressure and cholestrol?

Does any know natural to lower high blood pressure and cholesterol?I'm trying to stay away from all the doctor prescribed medicines.Please help

lenvegas 04-17-2016 02:32 PM

Re: Natural Way to lower high blood pressure and cholestrol

Hi, a few supplements that may help lower high blood pressure and cholesterol are niacin, fish oil, vitamin C and magnesium. Of course you have to live a healthy lifestyle as well with a healthy diet and exercise and keeping your weight in the ideal range.

JohnR41 04-25-2016 02:10 PM

Re: Natural Way to lower high blood pressure and cholestrol?

[QUOTE=trinden1;5413708]Does any know natural to lower high blood pressure and cholesterol?I'm trying to stay away from all the doctor prescribed medicines.Please help[/QUOTE]

If you happen to be overweight, which most people are today (65% of Americans), then it would be a big help if you would lose the excess weight.
Normal weight is BMI 18.5 to 24.9, but BMI 24.9 is not good, in my opinion, so anything below 24.9 would be much better, like BMI 20 to 22.

A common mistake is to try to lose weight by any means, like eating a high protein diet. High protein diets are notoriously low in fiber, antioxidants and many important phytonutrients. So protein, fat and carbohydrate must be kept to "normal" levels. Fats should be good fats, Carbs should be complex carbs and protein should be lean, or better yet, plant protein.

An important thing to remember is to avoid processed foods as much as possible and get moderate exercise, like walking.

Here are some examples of processed versus whole foods:

[B]Processed foods[/B]---------------------------[B]whole foods[/B]
Orange juice---------------------------------oranges
Apple pie or apple sauce---------------------apples
Pork 'n' beans---------------------------------beans
Boxed cereals with added sugar or salt----plain oatmeal
Potato chips or fries----------------------boiled or baked potato
Salted nuts----------------------------------unsalted nuts

Where will you find natural whole foods? Mostly in the produce department. Frozen berries and vegetables (without additives) are also good.

Claire Murphy 02-14-2021 12:01 AM

I am 50 and have had elevated LDL all my life, so do all the women in my family. I always ate “healthily” and exercised.

I got diagnosed with an autoimmune disease a year ago and started to address that through nutrition and lifestyle.

Elevated LDL I have come to learn, is a result of inflammation. By following the AIP protocol for food and taking turmeric essential oil and Copaiba essential oil internally daily my cholesterol is now in the normal range for the first time in my life.

My doctor just wanted to put me on statins for ever but I wanted to explore everything before I took that step.

Add a drop of lemon essential oil to the mix to help BP too.

Welshroots 03-22-2021 01:29 PM

Eat potassium and magnesium rich foods, such as bananas, avacados, beans, sweet potatoes and potatoes. A little dark chocolate (the real kind, at least 72% cocoa) is good too, as a treat. Potatoes are healthy - its all the "stuff" added that makes them more fattening. Cut back on salt, and definitely on sugar. Find a good herbal mix that you like and add to your foods. Exercise - simply walk and work up to at least a mile several times a week, if not more. You can search online for simple low impact programs for use indoors, when weather is bad, or if you have no real good place to walk.

There are a variety of supplements - you may have to experiment to see what works best for your body. Personally, I've implemented dietary and exercise changes to my life. I use turmeric a lot in cooking, as it aids with inflammation.

I'm hoping to schedule with a DO doctor regarding supplements, as I'm hesitant to do that on my own. Good luck.

Dude111 07-14-2021 06:34 PM

Some good info on this thread,thank you :)