It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board

• Colostrum Caps: Anyone Taking Them?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-06-2003, 01:29 PM   #1
    Sustasha
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Sustasha HB User
    Question Colostrum Caps: Anyone Taking Them?

Glad we're on again. I bought 2 bottles of Colostrum and take 4 daily.
    Is anyone else taking them and if so, what have they done for you?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2004, 09:24 PM   #2
    Cowgurl

Cowgurl HB User
    Re: Colostrum Caps: Anyone Taking Them?

I also take Colostrum everyday. 1000 mg's in the morning & at night. It keeps my allergies under control, I take less prescription medicine & it keeps me out of the ER. I've been taking Colostrum for 5 years now & everytime I run out I seem to get sick with something. I know it's helping me, I've experimented with it. I don't get the runs..., no flue, no colds, no upset stomache & mostly it helps with allergies & NO MORE HIVES! I get bouts of chronic hives, the last episode lasted over 3 years!
    I REALLY THINK COLOSTRUM IS SAVING MY LIFE! I've been thru alot with allergies, so severe that my throat would close.

Old 04-23-2004, 11:34 PM   #3
    Harry
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User

I have been taking 2 caps nightly and I can say I have less allergies this spring.

As you know it is suppose to improve your immune system but I don't know how to measure it and by what standard??
    But I'm convinced enought to take some daily!!

Old 04-27-2004, 07:49 PM   #4
    Howitt44
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Howitt44 HB User

I have terrible allergies and asthma. I might consider taking Colostrum Caps. What brand, how much and how long before you notice a difference?
    Thanks

Old 04-28-2004, 06:56 AM   #5
    Sustasha
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Sustasha HB User

hi, Symbiotics is the best. I haven't taken any for weeks! It seems to me I slept better. Now that my allergies have started up I'll begin taking them again this morning.
    I slept better after less than a week.

Old 04-28-2004, 07:16 AM   #6
    Howitt44
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Howitt44 HB User

My main reason for taking them will be for my allergies. However, I can always sleep a little better than I do now! How long before you noticed a difference in your allergies?

Old 04-28-2004, 02:46 PM   #7
    Sustasha
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Sustasha HB User
    Cool Re: Colostrum Caps: Anyone Taking Them?

OMG !! I had been blowing my nose and sneezing for 3 days. I took 4 Colostrums an hour ago and it's like I never had an allergy. Seems too good to be true !!

Old 04-30-2004, 07:58 PM   #8
    Howitt44
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Howitt44 HB User

Wow, they work that quick? That's amazing. I wish I had had some about 3 weeks ago, when I got this horrible sinus infection and I was on antibiotics for a week. I had like a week where I felt okay and now I feel bad again, scratchy throat and coughing!! UGHH! I've been taking colloidial silver, tons of vitamin C and any other herb I can get my hands on. I will definitely try some. I feel like I've spent so much money searching for what works for me!

Old 05-01-2004, 07:32 AM   #9
    Sustasha
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Sustasha HB User
    Talking Re: Colostrum Caps: Anyone Taking Them?

I do hope they work for you. It could have been a coincidence but after 4 caps I was fine.
    Be sure to get Symbiotics; they're in New Zealand but the company sends it to the US to distribute.
    My next experiment will be with Willard Water an old snake oil. I'll post any results with it but far as I know I'm in great health. I should be with all the supplements I take.

Old 07-28-2004, 10:47 AM   #10
    Rickhard
    Inactive

Rickhard HB User

i took colostrum for almost a year, 2000mg daily. it gave me a lot of mental energy. then i got laid off and couldn't afford it. the best price i ever got was 24 dollars for a one month supply. however, now, i have found something i believe is much better and much cheaper, flaxmeal[ground flax seeds] it not only gives me more mental energy, but physical energy too. the colostrum made me feel better, but the flaxmeal helps me perform better. two things the colostrum didn't help with were exercise intolerance and feeling colder than other people. flaxmeal took care of both problems plus helping me get off antidepressants and anti-anxiety medicine. it also significantly improved both my allergies and asthma. the flaxmeal costs me less than 25 cents a day. i grind my own. i boil two cups of water, add one cup of rolled oats and a 1/2 cup of flaxmeal. i boil them on medium heat for about ten minutes. cooking the flaxmeal with the oats has worked better for me than eating it raw. check with your doctor before changing your diet. i didn't, but i always like to put that in in case you might be one of the rare persons that's allergic to the stuff.[reported cases very rare] good luck

Old 07-28-2004, 10:59 AM   #11
    Sustasha
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Sustasha HB User

thank you, RICK HARD.
    I stopped taking the Colostrum. I didn't notice much from taking it; it's fun to give one to our dog, though.
    I like green tea capsules. They really give me lots of energy and dull my appetite to a very noticeable extent.
    The only amazing thing I've had happen to me is after stopping artificial sweetener
    my eye flashers and pins and needles went away. I had the flashers for almost a year then they stopped . That stuff must be poison.
    I ate flax meal this morning on oat meal. Never heard of anyone else taking it but I like to put it in cold or hot cereal. Thanx for writing.

Old 09-10-2004, 02:33 PM   #12
    nen_pooh

nen_pooh HB User

I have used raw colostrum (available in CA) and found that it was excellent in knocking out whatever my son was coming down with. Basically it helps the Thymus gland which shrinks with age and is involved in our immune system.

As for the flax seeds, I am one of those persons who is unable to tolerate it. I am "tossing my cookies" with 30 minutes of ingesting them (and believe me, I tested this out a couple different times to be sure of the source). Very unfortunate since it has a lot of benefits. I found this out while following the Fat Flush diet. I certainly found that my skin cleared up and smoothed up. Both reported by many using flax seed products in their diet.

If you are looking for recipes to incorporate flax into your diet, check out their info. Not suggesting anyone buy the program. Just a source of information. Besides, we can all go to Barnes and Noble and enjoy a sit down with a book for a few minutes, right!

Basically, I would say that both are very good in their own right!

Closed Thread