It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board

• looking for NON biased info on colloidal silver...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-21-2001, 10:45 PM   #1
    Tractormomma

Tractormomma HB User
    Question looking for NON biased info on colloidal silver...

I have been looking around trying to find NON biased info on Colloidal silver. Every place I have found is trying to SELL it, so I am not totally convinced that they are being honest about the dangers and or benefits.

The one website I found on the topic was about aygria...some kind of skin discoloration that is supposedly from the silver supplement. That lady used a product 40yrs ago and turned gray, now she says its all bad and a snake oil remedy, but, on that website, they havent got even one other person who has come forward to say that they have experienced the same thing.

ANY personal experiences or info I would love to hear.

Jennifer

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-21-2001, 11:18 PM   #2
    barewinds
    Inactive

barewinds HB User
    (from moderator3: please do not post links to commercial sites. Please note that the poster is requesting replies regarding personal experiences. Thank you.)

[This message has been edited by moderator3 (edited 03-22-2001).]

Old 03-22-2001, 08:35 PM   #3
    plymouth
    Veteran

plymouth HB User
    Thumbs up

I make my own colloidal silver with a silver pulser from sota instruments.

I had a cold last november and got over it in two weeks with very mild symptoms using the colloidal silver. I have not had another cold since then this whole winter.

Regarding that agyria website by rosemary: she admits on the site that she does not know what kind of silver product she was given or how much. In those days silver medicines contained as much as 35% silver. Thats 350,000 parts per million. My colloidal silver is 3-5 parts per million. Big difference. I drink small amounts for short periods of time. In fact, none since that cold in November.

Do some more searching and don't be discouraged by the hysterical scare stories. If you decide to use colloidal silver, make your own, don't buy it (too expensive and of uknown quality).

Old 03-22-2001, 09:18 PM   #4
    Tractormomma

Tractormomma HB User
    I actually bought a colloidal silver generator for about $39 but havent used any of the product yet, just wanted to be sure I intend to use it before I open it.

I ordered the generator, and after it was shipped I started looking around, and found these other sites that were a bit concerning. I dont want to use or give to my kids, anything that will cause us harm...(funny I say that about herbal/natural remedies, but give them antibiotic after antibiotic that is doing little more than destroying their immune systems)

I will keep reading..thanks for the input.

Jennifer

------------------
    Homeschooling mom to three wonderful kids

Old 03-29-2001, 12:33 PM   #5
    moonglow

moonglow HB User
    Hi I use it and think its great! I buy mine at GNC...don't want to mess with making it and you really have to be careful that you don't get too much silver in it. I have used it by taking by mouth and putting directly on sores or cuts. I had a small skin infection and put the silver on it with a bandaide over it and it drew the pus right out of there. Currently I am using it on a spider bite I got over a week ago on my little toe. Have no idea what kind of spider it was and did go to the dr who put me on an antibotic and rx an antibotic cream to put on it but wrote the rx wrong and I wasn't able to fill that until five days later!

And was only able to take the antibotic three days as anymore they make my stomach hurt so bad all I can do is lay around and you know that doesn't work when you have a five year old child.

From what I have read on websites about spider bites is that antibotics don't work on it anyway. I was following the dr advise and it was getting no better...keeps blistering back up and itching like crazy, plus redness and swelling. So I decided to put a cotton ball between my toes...the bite is inside my little toe but has spread over to the toe next to it. And I flood the cotton ball with the silver...and hope and pray this draws out the venom from the bite.

I feel like the posion must still be in there since it keeps blistering. I went back to the dr yesertday because of the swelling and itching and he said I was having an allergic recation to the bite and to take benadril...well that is fine and dandy but from what I read on different website today this is normal for a toxic spider bite not just some allergic recation.

Anyway I will just keep using the silver and hope this takes care of it. This sure will be a test of how good it is huh?

------------------
    Nate, five years old, 18 airborne allergies, food allergies, yeast, soy, eggs and milk. Also recates to red dye 40 and many meds. DX with ADHD, Sensory intregration disorder, autoriy processing disorder and the list goes on.
    Me, the mom, 40yrs old...an older mom but no wiser. EX..sitting in jail where he belongs
    Nate, five years old, 18 airborne allergies, food allergies, yeast, soy, eggs and milk. Also recates to red dye 40 and many meds. DX with ADHD, Sensory intregration disorder, autoriy processing disorder and the list goes on.
    Me, the mom, 40yrs old...an older mom but no wiser. EX..sitting in jail where he belongs

Old 09-10-2004, 02:14 PM   #6
    nen_pooh

nen_pooh HB User
    Re: looking for NON biased info on colloidal silver...

I don't know how you can find unbiased information on silver. It seems everyone is either using it and totally for it or not using it and totally against it. I would suggest you do more research on vitamin E and selenium which are associated with stimulating the part of the immune system dealing with production of immunoglobulins. I have also found a site giving information on how to reverse argyria. Here is the formula: 3 vitamin E 1000 mg 100% Natural d-alpha Tocopheryl, 1 Selenium 100mcg yeast free, 2 vegerarian vitamin C 1000 mg, 1 teaspoon MSM organic, 1 super potency Vitamin B 100, 1 teaspoon of kelp powder. Taken every morning with 2 16 oz glasses of water, with close to 3/4 of a gallon drinking water a day. I also came across another site that of course was selling their product but the thing that I was curious about (of course taken in the context that their product is the "one and only") is where they talk about silver ions being dangerous. They say silver ions are toxic to most cells, good and bad. They mention it being capable of killing CD-4 and CD-8 cells and other immune system cells, thus reducing or destroying the immune system. They also say it has the "distinct possibility of injuring or destroying internal organs. I don't know about these claims. I haven't researched what CD-4 and 8 cells are. These are just things to question: does it deplete nutrients and if so, what impact does that have on overall health? I would also suggest having a test done to see what things might be deficient. Check out information on BodyBio's blood test for at least a reference point.

Best wishes on your search and I hope you also find what works for your family. Like you, I have deep concern for the health of my son.

Old 09-10-2004, 03:49 PM   #7
    plymouth
    Veteran

plymouth HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by plymouth
    I make my own colloidal silver with a silver pulser from sota instruments...

Wow, I made that post three and a half years ago.

I have not had a cold or flu since November 2000, almost four years.

My skin is not blue and my internal organs are not disintegrating.

Old 09-11-2004, 02:23 AM   #8
    alptraum
    Inactive

alptraum HB User

lol, a thread returns from the grave!!

Seriously, no colds for the last 4 years? I can go sick-free for the winter as long as I take garlic cloves every day, plus it seems to do wonders for my gums, no need to floss and the dentist thinks I must floss all the time since they are so good

Old 09-11-2004, 05:33 AM   #9
    NY 1009
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

NY 1009 HB UserNY 1009 HB UserNY 1009 HB User

It's good for ear aches too. It's a healty alternative to antibiotics. My b/f has been taking it for years now with no complaints what so ever.

Old 09-11-2004, 10:19 AM   #10
    viver

viver HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tractormomma
    ANY personal experiences or info I would love to hear.
    Jennifer,

As far as info goes, you may want to check out the Silver Medicine organization. They have quite a bit of scientific and general information and as far as I know do not sell silver generators.

Old 09-24-2004, 01:28 PM   #11
    katesy

katesy HB User

Hi. I work in a health food store here in Canada. I don't use collidial silver but i know a few people who do. I've also heard that if you make some sort of paste with it, it can help get RID of age spots. I'm not for or against silver but I wouldn't recommend taking it in higher doses than whats on the bottle. Unless a doctor or something tells you otherwise.

Old 09-24-2004, 08:44 PM   #12
    naturallyme

naturallyme HB User

I agree! You have actually hit on a common problem.
    People see/hear information about some particular remedy being good and assume more must be better. In many cases more can be worse.

Everything in moderation... please.

Old 12-10-2004, 12:14 PM   #13
    alptraum
    Inactive

alptraum HB User

Is CS good for eczema? I've heard a few people use it for this, but not sure if it would be used internally or topically

Old 12-10-2004, 12:44 PM   #14
    kerry1
    Inactive

kerry1 HB User

I have used it on occasion. It's very soothing for sunburn & rashes if used topically. I wouldn't hesitate to use it on minor burns or skin sores. I've used it internally for immune support and have not turned blue.

The lady with argyria actually used silver nitrate in a nasal spray form, I think. She used it for many years, for allergies. She didn't "suddenly turn blue" - she gradually turned blue-grey. It was such a slow process that her friends & family didn't notice. I read her website several years ago and that's what her story was then. Then she changed her story, and said it was colloidal silver, and that she "suddenly" turned blue one day. So which is correct? There's a politician who turned blue because he drank about 8 glasses of silver-tinctured water a day for several months. He was afraid of Y2K and that there wouldn't be any antibiotics available. Those are the only two cases I've heard of.

Colloidal silver is different from silver nitrate. The particles in colloidal silver are so small they can enter cells. If you are preparing your own colloidal silver, be sure you use the purest water and the best silver product. Preparation is really important, I've heard. If you do it right you shouldn't get argyria. Don't buy the stuff in stores that's turned brown - it should be clear.

I'll tell you this. If I got terminal cancer I wouldn't hesitate to use it.

Last edited by kerry1; 12-10-2004 at 12:45 PM.

Old 12-10-2004, 12:48 PM   #15
    kerry1
    Inactive

kerry1 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by alptraum
    Is CS good for eczema? I've heard a few people use it for this, but not sure if it would be used internally or topically
    You might try it topically. I don't know much about eczema or what causes it, but CS neutralizes acids in infections & inflammations (such as rash & sunburn) and feels soothing. If eczema is an acidic condition, it may help.

Closed Thread