It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board

• Iridology

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-05-2001, 08:25 AM   #1
    Jester
    Inactive

Jester HB User
    Wink Iridology

I have heard a little about this, and I was wonering if there was anywhere anyone has found any information on this topic. I would #1 like to get my eyes read to determine what is physicaly wrong with me. Also #2 I would love to be able to learn how to read the irises myself. Any information would be appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2001, 12:56 PM   #2
    FaultyLogic
    Inactive

FaultyLogic HB User
    There is no scientific basis for iridology whatsoever. Don't waste your money and risk your health with this quackery.

Old 02-13-2001, 10:43 AM   #3
    Kandace

Kandace HB User
    There is a place where I went for iridology. The diagnoses was interesting but only part of the prescribed herbs were helpful. It's worth trying, though.

Good luck!!

[This message has been edited by moderator3 (edited 02-13-2001).]

Old 03-07-2001, 10:33 PM   #4
    barewinds
    Inactive

barewinds HB User
    I've been exposed to Iridology for 16 years, it does work. Those that say it doesn't work, read it somewhere, like maybe something from Stephen Barrett, M.D..
    It's sort of funny, Mr Quack Watch says Acupuncture & Chiropractic does not work.
    So why is it that both forms of treatment has been excepted by the Medical
    Association? My chiropractor who does Iridology, told my wife that she had a problem in the area of the bladder and to see a doctor about it. Thats where the doctor found the tumor.

[url="http://www.cwinds.com/iridology/index.html"]http://www.cwinds.com/iridology/index.html[/url]

Old 03-15-2001, 02:39 PM   #5
    Charlie_777

Charlie_777 HB User
    Talking

Hi...iridology is an interesting field. My naturopath has looked at my eyes a few of times. The first he picked up that my bowel was very toxic and my stomach was inflamed but..I had already told him this so did he really see it? Then later he said it was much better - less inflamed - but I'd told him that as well.
    A couple of weeks ago he looked again and said that my thyroid gland was swollen. He put me on some medicine which made me feel disgusting and when (after I wrote to the IBS health board and someone said I should go to the doctor) I had this checked out with a TSH (Thyroid hormone level test) it was normal.
    Those are just my experiences though - I think getting a second opinion would be good and making sure that the iridologist is qualified. Maybe iridology is better for some things than others?

------------------
    Thanks, Charlie

Old 03-18-2001, 06:35 AM   #6
    Brianne

Brianne HB User
    I believe that going to see an Iridologist is no diffrent then going to see a Psycic.
    We respond to what the person is telling us and when that person sees that he gets a responce from us, then he gives his diagnosis.
    Read my post on "herbal Alternative,does it really work" There is a true paragraph I wrote in there about a fellow I know that went to see an Iridologist.

Old 04-21-2001, 02:55 PM   #7
    lee-ann

lee-ann HB User
    I strongly recommend it. I went out of curiosity and was blown over by the information the woman gave me. She picked up things like a knee injury and even the teeth I had had removed, also things like.... that I had stopped communications with a certain person two years ago, family heart history, the food I ate and so on.....so I don't know, explain this then. But I sware by this now and can tell so much about other people by looking at their irises and have had these confirmed, so go for it....just choose the right person and not a quack as this could be a perfect opportunity for one.

Goodluck!!!!

Old 04-21-2001, 04:40 PM   #8
    Brianne

Brianne HB User
    Lee ann
    Now how the hell is she going to tell you that you stopped comunications with someone two years ago by looking into your eyes????
    Don't fall for this foolishness!! You somehow told her about it and they're taking credit for it.

Old 04-22-2001, 10:11 AM   #9
    lee-ann

lee-ann HB User
    Brianne,

I sware its true. I never spoke to her about myself at all and in fact it was in a city that I don't even live in myself. But its true, there is only one person that I broke off communications with and it was roughly two years ago. If you study the iridology map and look in the communications/speech area you will see. I had a tiny little black shape in that particular area and I think she calculated the two years by the length or how far it was away from the pupil or something like that. I know it sounds weird but she was somehow right and she was a very normal fifty year old woman, not a psychic or anything like that. Look, I don't live my life by it or throw herbal remedies down my throat because my colon is dirty, but it was intersting none the less.

Old 04-23-2001, 03:50 PM   #10
    Brianne

Brianne HB User
    But Lee Ann come on! Everyone in this world has probally broken off some sort of communications with someone for one reason or another! I too can look into your eyes and tell you something. I see you will probally eat something in the next 24 hours. This makes me right! RIGHT! You know, I don't compleatly shut my ears off when someone talks about an alternative, but when it becomes rediculus then I speak up. Go to psyic you'll get the same results. And I'm not being argumentive.

Old 04-23-2001, 04:27 PM   #11
    eweejoe
    Inactive

eweejoe HB User
    I completely agree with Brianne, I would be willing to bet that there are very few people whom, if they thought hard enough, couldn't think of at least one person that they broke off communication with appx 2 years ago..give or take. I'm not here to cause trouble. My only question is...same as I asked in the homeopathic post by Brianne, who here has had this done and can prove from their own experience that it is of some value. I do have a tendency to believe people when they tell me something because I like to believe that people as a rule aren't liars. The above example is not a good one and can easily be chalked up as coincidence. I am just wondering if there is anyone who went to see a iridologist (or whatever they call themselves) and something was 'seen' that saved their lives, etc. I am not dispelling it, I am just looking for actual stories that it has a shred of validity.

Old 06-02-2001, 09:40 PM   #12
    jcbear1023

jcbear1023 HB User
    Dear Friends,
    I realize that I am a brand new person here....but here goes.....

I think we all like to think each of us are well-informed, intelligent individuals ....but i once heard that the older we get, the more we realize how much we don't know...

I started the study of Iridology a few months ago....I find it fascinating...and it makes perfect sense to me.... Iridology is the study and science of possible tissue weakness in the body, as expressed in the iris of the eye....the eye is an extension of the brain, and the brain is connected to everything in the body....

We would all agree the body is an incredible machine, the way it is laid out, put together, whatever....so why is it so far out to believe that the iris can act as a "Map"?

I agree it takes someone with an extremely open mind to benefit from iridology. The iridologist who saw me told me of physical challenges i had that she could not know and some I did not know about. Iridology is NOT diagnosis.

Peace,

Jim

"The mind is like a parachute.....it only works when it's open....."

Old 06-27-2001, 02:05 PM   #13
    Copper
    Inactive

Copper HB User
    Hi, All. I'm wondering something here. Science has pretty much concluded that our bodies use, put out, burn, whatever, chemicals according to stimulus it receives. These can involve neurotransmiters, electrical charges, other chemicals, muscular reactions, etc. So, at a purely chemical basis, wouldn't it seem logical that reactions to life MIGHT create 'imprints' somewhere? As stated, the eyes are an extension of the brain, so to speak. Isn't it possible that they present a sort of historical mapping of some of these responses. Tree rings do that. Ring-readers can tell when the trees experience trauma, stress, starvation, excess, and so on. It doesn't strike me as so far-fetched that a significantly more complicated organism, like a human, might not ALSO be able to produce such a record. The eyes seem like more likely a site for such a map than any other potential locations, like the brain or bones.

Just a theory of mine. I never tried iridology, but the Dr. Bauman I mentioned is one of my old professors. He seems pretty trustworthy, and is definitely a brilliant man. I can't imagine he'd cast his net into a completely bogus field, and teach the subject too. ahhhhhh, more food for research!

------------------
    Copper
    Let Miracles Replace all Grievances

Old 04-02-2010, 08:06 AM   #14
    mmanila
    (male)

mmanila HB User
    Red face Re: Iridology

hi to all,

i have been going to more than 5 doctors already and still they cant pinpoint what im feeling right now. from anxiety to ibs. now, im going to try this iridoloryt his coming tuesday and ill let you know the outcome.
    but i have to tell you that i will not tell the dr., yes he is a medical dr. too,
    about my medical history and ill let him find out for himself.
    so stay tuned for the developement.

I had hepatitis b but its non reactive so im ok.
    i have a burst eardrum on my right ear.
    i suffer from vertigo from time to time.
    im having pruritus for almost a month now due to my use of Nasoflo ( fluticasone propionate) for my allergic rhinitis. for almost 4months of use.
    i have a "lump" on the lower left part of my neck. you can only see it portrude when i swalow. the doctor said its nothing, but i can feel something.
    had my thyroid ultrasound and there is no mass.
    i have deviated septum on the left side of my nose and it hurts like crazy and i feel a lump there and my ENT dismissed it again.
    i had a whole abdomen ultra sound and found out that i have a .5 polyp on my gallbladder and the Internist said theres nothing be scared. and had a second opinion and the same thing was said to me.

lets see if IRIDOLOY can find any of the above.

i am 41yo.

jj.

Closed Thread