It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board

• Calcium Pyruvate for weight loss

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-09-2002, 07:06 PM   #1
    Clover0411

Clover0411 HB User
    Post Calcium Pyruvate for weight loss

Has anyone had experience taking calcium pyruvate for weight loss, and if so, what effects did you have??? Positive or negative???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-22-2002, 10:44 PM   #2
    Tangle
    (male)

Tangle HB User
    I purchased a bottle of CP not long ago. I have a complicated illness so i couldn't expect weight loss per sa, but it does increase metabolism without the jitter and anxiety associated with caffeine or epedrine. I usually take 500mg once daily.

Old 09-24-2002, 05:18 PM   #3
    Clover0411

Clover0411 HB User
    I took one bottle --- I noticed I did seem to have a lot more energy and even lost some weight -- the only problem I noticed was that my fingernails seemed softer. When I stopped taking the CP they went back to normal. Have not been able to find much info on CP though.

Old 10-02-2002, 06:11 AM   #4
    Bettawrekonize1
    Inactive

Bettawrekonize1 HB User
    I recommend Coral Calcium.

Old 10-02-2002, 06:38 PM   #5
    Tangle
    (male)

Tangle HB User
    Betta..

I think you must be confusing these two substances. I may be wrong. Pyruvic Acid is a nutrient involved in metabolism. To increase Pyruvic Acid levels (and thus increse metabolism) Pyruvate is attached to Calcium and marketed as a supplement for weight loss. Does Coral Calcium contain Pyruvic Acid???

Old 10-02-2002, 07:47 PM   #6
    Clover0411

Clover0411 HB User
    Question

Betta --- not sure what Coral Calcium is???!!! What is it??? and what is it's purpose??? If you take it, what for, and where do you find it????
    Sorry for all the Q's!!!!
    b

Old 10-02-2002, 11:33 PM   #7
    Bettawrekonize1
    Inactive

Bettawrekonize1 HB User
    Coral Calcium is a natural calcium that comes from the ocean (I donít think it contains Pyruvic Acid). Over 500 years ago the Okinawans discovered that feeding chickens coral sand that is produced from the weathering of the reefs caused the chickens to produce twice as many eggs. This also caused cows to produce twice as much milk. They also found that when the coral sand is used as a fertilizer, crops increase. When they began to consume the coral sand themselves, all of the under utilized doctors were forced to leave the islands (I wish I can give you the web sight I found this information on, but Heallthboards wonít let me. You can look it up on Google though). Doctors have lost so much money because of Coral Calcium. This is why they donít want people to know about this. Some of the things Coral Calcium is good for are Cancer, Diabetes, Arthritis, Heart Disease, Osteoporosis, Eczema, Alzheimer's Disease, Fibromyalgia, High Cholesterol, Muscle Cramps, Kidney Stones, Gallstones, Gout, Indigestion, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Lupus, Hiatal Hernia, Hypertension, Headaches.
    -------------------
    Donít let others tell you what to think. Think for yourself.

Old 10-05-2002, 05:00 PM   #8
    Clover0411

Clover0411 HB User
    Lightbulb

Betta === just saw an infomercial on coral calcium ---- and also saw something about it on the web ---- sounds toooooooo good to be true ---- Think I would rather invest in a good high tech stock!!!! But, good luck to you --b

Old 10-05-2002, 11:13 PM   #9
    Bettawrekonize1
    Inactive

Bettawrekonize1 HB User
    I agree with the fact that most products on infomercials donít work nearly as well as advertised. However I do believe that natural methods of curing problems are often better than conventional methods used by doctors and that there is a lot of information out there that doctors donít want patients to know (are you one of those doctors by any chance?). The best way to learn anything is through experience (don't let others tell you what to think, think for yourself). There is one person on this message board who has tried Coral Calcium for their back problems and it helped them tremendously [url="http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/Forum8/HTML/000225.html"]http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/Forum8/HTML/000225.html[/url] and I know many people who had problems and Coral Calcium helped them. Even though quality is very important (when it comes to anything) I am just trying to give people information that comes from research and experience. Of course you donít have to agree with anything I say. As long as what you say is truly what you believe (meaning your not one of those doctors that are trying to hide information from patients) and as long as you have taken everything into consideration and have carefully thought of a conclusion.

------------------
    Life is in the Blood

Old 10-06-2002, 05:49 PM   #10
    Clover0411

Clover0411 HB User
    Betta --- I did see someplace on the healthboard that someone claimed to have been relieved of back pain from taking coral calcium. But this might depend on what type of back problem they had. Sorry I am not "one of those doctors who try to hide info" from their clients -- however, I am currently working on a Ph.D. in alternative medicines. Just because a substance is natural does not mean it cannot do harm to you. Many natural herbs can be highly toxic. I find it amazing that so many people feel as long as it's "natural" it's safe. I feel my life is too important to "experiment" with - which has lead me to the courses I am now studying. If you feel coral calcium is helping you --- good. However, I would recommend you thoroughly research the product before taking it. A positive mindset can be very important.

Old 10-08-2002, 10:43 PM   #11
    Bettawrekonize1
    Inactive

Bettawrekonize1 HB User
    I agree. Just because something is natural doesnít always mean that there arenít other factors that can cause harm. However often times natural methods of curing problems are often safer, more affective, and cheaper than laboratory methods. For example Red Yeast Rice has been used in China for centuries for lowering cholesterol. Itís probably the safest, most affective, and cheapest method of doing so. People who eat Red Yeast Rice generally live longer, healthier lives than people who donít. The UCLA School of Medicine conducted a study involving 83 people with high cholesterol levels. Within twelve weeks those who received Red Yeast Rice experienced a significant decrease in total cholesterol, LDL (bad) cholesterol, and triglycerides compared to those who received placebo. HDL (good) cholesterol wasnít affected in either group during the study. In 1999 two studies involving Red Yeast Rice were presented at the American Heart Associationís 39th Annual conference. In the first study, 187 people with mild to moderate elevations in total cholesterol and LDL cholesterol revealed that treatment with red yeast rice reduced total cholesterol by more than 16%, LDL cholesterol by 21%, and triglycerides by 24%. HDL (good) cholesterol increased by 14%. In the second study, elderly people who received red yeast rice experienced significant reductions in total cholesterol and LDL cholesterol compared to those who were given placebo. Both studies were done over an eight-week period. In another 8-week trial with 446 people with high cholesterol levels, those who received red yeast rice experienced a significant drop in cholesterol levels compared to those who received placebo. Total cholesterol dropped by 22.7%, LDL by 31%, and triglycerides by 34%. HDL cholesterol increased by 20%. Red Yeast Rice has been sold in the U.S for over six years and there have been no reports of any harm or injury (from anyone). The very expensive statins now used in America are much more dangerous and less affective than Red Yeast Rice. Bayer's drug Baycol was removed from the market in August, 2001 because it caused over 100 deaths.

------------------
    Life is in the Blood

[This message has been edited by Bettawrekonize1 (edited 10-09-2002).]

Old 10-09-2002, 05:06 PM   #12
    Clover0411

Clover0411 HB User
    Lightbulb

Betta --- There is some really good info on the High Cholesterol board if you are interested --- Rice, regardless of color, has been used for many years to help lower cholesterol.

Old 10-10-2002, 06:53 AM   #13
    pcovers
    Veteran
    (female)

pcovers HB User
    Quote:
    Originally posted by Clover0411:
    Sorry I am not "one of those doctors who try to hide info" from their clients -- however, I am currently working on a Ph.D. in alternative medicines.
    Your doctoral program sounds very interesting. Where are you getting your degree?

Old 10-10-2002, 11:27 AM   #14
    Bettawrekonize1
    Inactive

Bettawrekonize1 HB User
    So are you going to teach us your philosophy on medicine? I would like to know where youíre getting your Ph.D. in medicine.

------------------
    Life is in the Blood

[This message has been edited by Bettawrekonize1 (edited 10-10-2002).]

Old 01-16-2003, 01:54 PM   #15
    wenron
    (female)

wenron HB User
    Might I add that not all informerchials are bad. I have the Showtime cooker and love it; the George Foreman grill and love it; Q-Ray and it helps; Pro-Active (helps many too). Pilates for excercise, etc. I've been more disappointed from the shopping networks and sent more things back than I have from infomerchials....maybe just got lucky. I am really thinking about ordering Coral Calcium because I just see a difference since started Cal/mag...and hope that the more pure calcium would work even better.

Closed Thread