It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board

• Natural solutions *Supra ventricular tachy cardia*

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-13-2004, 07:00 AM   #1
    cnl83
    (male)

cnl83 HB User
    Natural solutions *Supra ventricular tachy cardia*

My condition is called "Supra ventricular tachy cardia", this is actually a defect where my heart is
    sending electrical impulses from the wrong side of my heart which in turn causes the blood not to pump right and gives me these "heart spells" and what they want to do is go in there and find the veins that are causing the trouble and move them to the right side of my heart. The medicine they want to give me would control my blood flow. Im only 42 years old. Im scared to have that kind of surgery, because it seems like every time someone's heart is opened up they have constant problems. They suggested this surgery, or trying to find the right medication, which could take ages. That would also mean taking this the rest of my life, which is better than surgery.

When I have one of this lil spells, I get weak and faint. My heart starts beating hard and fast. Sometimes I think im having a heart attack, but thats not really what it is.

I'd like to find natural fixes for me instead of these procedures. Id appreciate all the input that I can get. Thanks in advance

[removed]

Last edited by moderator2; 02-13-2004 at 08:02 AM. Reason: No free advertising. Not allowed to post your website, telephone number or real name. Please carefully read, know and follow the Policies and Guidelines. Click on FAQ at top left. Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-13-2004, 11:02 PM   #2
    chicken liver

chicken liver HB User
    Re: Natural solutions *Supra ventricular tachy cardia*

That is what my dog was diagnosed with 3 months ago. Unfortunatly I found out when he was having heart failure and his heart was beating 290 beats per minute. They had to shock his heart to get it to kick back down to a normal rythem. The cardialogist thinks that he may have always had this but now his body isn't kicking it back down. It happened again a week ago. Same senerio. They really don't know how to treat it. They keep telling me he can have surgery too. He is taking sotolol and enalpro. I would be intrested in knowing what you are taking - if anything. And what seems to trigger it? I did post something on the heart board - you may want to check that out.

Old 02-15-2004, 02:00 PM   #3
    HappySenior

HappySenior HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by chicken liver
    That is what my dog was diagnosed with 3 months ago. Unfortunatly I found out when he was having heart failure and his heart was beating 290 beats per minute. They had to shock his heart to get it to kick back down to a normal rythem. The cardialogist thinks that he may have always had this but now his body isn't kicking it back down. It happened again a week ago. Same senerio. They really don't know how to treat it. They keep telling me he can have surgery too. He is taking sotolol and enalpro. I would be intrested in knowing what you are taking - if anything. And what seems to trigger it? I did post something on the heart board - you may want to check that out.

I have the exact same thing. I was going to the e. room 3 times a week. They had to literaly stop my heart from beating 180 per. and then restart it.
    Ask your doctor about Diltiazem XR 180MG.
    I started taking them 2 yrs ago and havent had a spell since.

Old 02-21-2004, 04:34 PM   #4
    Machaon
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cnl83
    When I have one of this lil spells, I get weak and faint. My heart starts beating hard and fast. Sometimes I think im having a heart attack, but thats not really what it is.

I'd like to find natural fixes for me instead of these procedures. Id appreciate all the input that I can get. Thanks in advance
    When I used to get the tachycardia, it would start by skipping a beat or two, I would feel like I was going to black out, and then it would start with a BAM!

If found that, by lying on my back, and taking a deep breath, holding it for a second or two, and then letting it all the way out slowly, I could finally get my heart back to normal rhythm. Sometimes it took 30-40 deep breaths, but eventually it would stop the fast, hard heartbeat.

Good luck!

The following user gives a hug of support to Machaon:
    missaday (08-11-2011)
    Closed Thread