It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board

• Know anything about colloidal silver?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-16-2005, 08:26 AM   #1
    Janni
    (female)

Janni HB User
    Know anything about colloidal silver?

An herbalist in the local paper advocates using it for various things, but I saw on the web that it can be used to treat urinary tract infections successfully. I get them occasionally, and taking antibiotics is almost worse than the ailment. thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-16-2005, 01:23 PM   #2
    Kime
    (female)

Kime HB User
    Re: Know anything about colloidal silver?

Colloidal silver is easy to make, but you have to get very pure silver wire. There are some colloildal silver makers for sale on the internet, but all you really need is 3 nine volt batteries, join them together with the connectors that you can get at radio shack, you have to change the wires so that they are in series so that you have 27 volts, then you can wrap the end wires around the silver wires. You have to use distilled water and a drop of honey helps to get the reaction going. You can find sites online that explain all this in more detail. If you buy the colloidal silver you will get charged a really rediculous price, you can make it for pennies.

You can't swollow colloidal silver because there is a chemical reaction with the stomach acid that makes the silver so that it can't be absorbed by the intestines. You have to swish it around in the mouth for a few minutes.

I think that for a lot of things vitamin C works as well as colloidal silver. Have you tried taking vitamin C to bowel tolerance? That means you take enough to get loose stools. For most people this is between 3-8 grams at a time. To fight an infection you have to take it at least 3 times a day because the body takes the extra out of your system so quickly. Look up bowel tolerance of Vitamin C online if you want to know more about this. You could try vitamin C for a few days and if it does not help then try the colloidal silver. A regular dose of C might prevent the infections in the first place. I take 5 grams 3 times a day myself, although that would give some people diahhrea and they would need a lower dose.

Old 10-23-2005, 11:51 AM   #3
    Mazate
    (male)

Mazate HB User

Actually, look for a type of colloidal silver called, "ASAP Silver". It is fantastic. I haven't taken any antibiotics for quite some time. I believe it is called American Biotech Labs. You can also look it up. Do a search on Yahoo or Google. It's been tested in several universities (Brigham Young and Cal Berkley are two that come to mind) and has been proven to kill ALL bacteria that has been thrown up against it at just 5ppm strength. (PPM=parts per million) You can buy it in 10ppm or 22ppm strength. It looks and tastes just like water because it is 99.99% water anyway. It is perfectly safe with no known side effects of any kind. It is being used as a registered and approved antibiotic in Ghana and another country, which escapes my mind at the moment. I myself have killed two sinus infections (I get them after I get a cold, without fail) and my father has used it to heal infections on his feet. (He's diabetic) It is also good against fungal and yeast infections. It sounds too good to be true but I assure you it isn't. The best way to get a lot of info about it is to do a search on the internet. Their website is {{ please do not post commercial websites - use the product name only}}

Last edited by moderator2; 10-23-2005 at 12:30 PM. Reason: please do not post commercial websites - use the product name only

Old 11-14-2005, 06:36 PM   #4
    hyper79
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

hyper79 HB User

i use a 10ppm,the stuffs great.it was one of the first to treat infection before modern antibiotics.now some infections are resistant to antibiotics,thats where silver comes to play.ive got a friend who uses several hundred ppm,i use it daily also as a nasal wash.your local health food store may carry it. also look up on colostrum "first milking"its a great immune booster.

Old 11-16-2005, 08:25 PM   #5
    CrazyDogLady
    (female)

CrazyDogLady HB User

Just a word of caution.. there is a side effect that can occur when using colloidal silver; you can develop a conditon called argyria. I don't know if there are factors that put some people at a higher risk to it than others, but whatever the case, argyria is an irreversible condition where your skin turns a silver/gray color. Like I said, I'm not sure if certain people are at a higher risk than others, but it might be worth it to check it out before you start taking it.

Closed Thread