It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board

• Wheat Grass Juice

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-14-2006, 06:28 PM   #1
    thebluedog
    (male)

thebluedog HB User
    Re: Wheat Grass Juice

Quote:
    Originally Posted by gort
    It's been 2 1/2 weeks since I started taking Advantage Health Matters sun grown wheat grass juice capsules. My hair hardly falls out anymore; it is tangle free; my scalp no longer itches or hurts when I touch it; I don't pimples anymore. My lower back pain is gone and I can stand for a long time in the kitchen getting supper ready without getting tension in my back. Just generally feeling better and more energetic for the whole day without "crashing" on the couch at the end of the day.

I mix a capsule in a tablespoon of water and apply it to my scalp with an eyedropper. The leftover drops go on my face, and the next day my skin is fresh looking like after a sauna.

Anyone else using this wonderful health booster?
    Gort, are you still taking the wheat grass juice capsules? If so, are you getting the same good results? Any other improvements? Did you ever decide to grow your own wheat grass?

bd

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-14-2006, 07:45 PM   #2
    gort
    Inactive
    (female)

gort HB User

Hi. I'm getting a small amount of wheatgrass juice in my Pure Synergy green foods powder. Since I stopped taking the high amounts of wheat grass my hair has begun to fall out again. I can't afford both wheat grass caps and Pure synergy so I split the difference. I am waiting til October to have 2 intravenous vitamin C treatments which will cost me $117.50 each one hour treatment. The company that made the sun grown wheatgrass is no longer bottling it, wasn't cost effective for them. I haven't tried to grow it because I don't have the special juicer you need for it. I buy a shot once in a while at the juice bar now. I'll be going without it for a few months to pay for the vit. C therapy. I hope it kills whatever is making my hair fall out. I needed 4 capsules of wheatgrass juice a day to stop the fallout. Was getting expensive to maintain.

Old 09-14-2006, 09:11 PM   #3
    thebluedog
    (male)

thebluedog HB User

Thanks for your response Gort. You can get a manual wheat grass juicer and starter kit for under $110. What's causing your hair to fall out?

bd

Old 10-20-2006, 05:50 PM   #4
    thebluedog
    (male)

thebluedog HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by gort
    Hi. I'm getting a small amount of wheatgrass juice in my Pure Synergy green foods powder. Since I stopped taking the high amounts of wheat grass my hair has begun to fall out again. I can't afford both wheat grass caps and Pure synergy so I split the difference. I am waiting til October to have 2 intravenous vitamin C treatments which will cost me $117.50 each one hour treatment. The company that made the sun grown wheatgrass is no longer bottling it, wasn't cost effective for them. I haven't tried to grow it because I don't have the special juicer you need for it. I buy a shot once in a while at the juice bar now. I'll be going without it for a few months to pay for the vit. C therapy. I hope it kills whatever is making my hair fall out. I needed 4 capsules of wheatgrass juice a day to stop the fallout. Was getting expensive to maintain.
    Hey Gort,

What does the vitamin C treatments help with? Also, look for my recent post on the Alternative Medicine forum. I want to get your input on repairing leaky gut.
    Thanks

bd

Old 10-21-2006, 09:02 AM   #5
    gort
    Inactive
    (female)

gort HB User

Vitamin C IV treatments help any kind of infection. But when the body is under a lot of stress, whether it's physical or emotional, a lot more vitamin C is used by the body. So high amounts are required. I only had one dose of this therapy because the doctor didn't want to give me more than 20 grams for the first treatment to see how I would react to the dose. I told her I was already taking 36 grams a day of sodium ascorbate with no problems, but she said IV treatment is stronger than oral dose. I was expecting 50 or 60 grams in one shot. I felt no different after the 20 gram IV drip and scrapped the idea to continue because she only would increase the dose by 5 grams each time, which would cost me a fortune.

When I researched wheat grass, one of its benefits was that it helps to balance hormones, so that is likely why it helped my hair loss. It was helping the adrenals or the thyroid, maybe. So I am on track to get a hormone tests with another alternative doc & try bio-identical hormones which I also can't afford but will find find the money somehow, drop a few supplents here and there.

Closed Thread