HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Alternative Medicine (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/alternative-medicine/)
-   -   Japanese Green Tea (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/alternative-medicine/459748-japanese-green-tea.html)

lucy789 01-05-2007 06:48 AM

Japanese Green Tea

:wave:
Anyone ever heard or tried this?

Alagaesia 01-05-2007 05:05 PM

Re: Japanese Green Tea

Yes I have heard of it. Green tea is supposed to be very good for you. I plan on trying the capsules though because I don't like tea. The difference between Japanese green tea and american green tea is how its made. Japanese green tea is supposed to be very pure. Both are still good for you.

chelsie5 01-17-2007 09:47 AM

I'm addicted to that tea, I love it................I drink 4 to 5 cups a day, gives me energy, loss weight, and keeps you focus...................

soyoukan 01-27-2007 08:23 AM

here are just a few medical conditions in which drinking green tea is reputed to be helpful:

cancer
rheumatoid arthritis
high cholesterol levels
cariovascular disease
infection
impaired immune function

The secret of green tea lies in the fact it is rich in catechin polyphenols, particularly epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG). EGCG is a powerful anti-oxidant: besides inhibiting the growth of cancer cells, it kills cancer cells without harming healthy tissue. It has also been effective in lowering LDL cholesterol levels, and inhibiting the abnormal formation of blood clots. The latter takes on added importance when you consider that thrombosis (the formation of abnormal blood clots) is the leading cause of heart attacks and stroke.

baby_bytes 01-29-2007 06:50 AM

I love green tea. I used to live in Japan so I had the real thing :P Everytime I was sick I would drink that and I felt like new again. My homestay mom would also make it for me after I got out of the hospital and was diagnosed with gallstones.

Howitt44 01-29-2007 08:23 AM

We have Japanese exchange students live with us from time to time and they always bring Japanese green tea with them and as gifts for us, too. I notice that Japanese green tea is a lot stronger and GREENER than American green tea. I really like it. It's too strong for my husband; he said it's like drinking fresh cut grass! Ha! I'm sure there are many more health benefits also.
Cindy

qingche 01-29-2007 09:10 AM

Yes Japanese green tea is very good for health since it is antioxdent. It can release toxin from our bodies. However, it does contain lots of caffine, so don't drink it at night unless you are very used to it!

Also, for those who are not so used to Japanese green tea, there is a Japanese speciaty which tastes even better: MAI CHA TEA. It is a mix of green tea and roasted brown rice. It tastes GREAT and has less caffine. I have also found it very helpful to my digestive system.

You can find this loose Mai Cha from most Japanese, Korean, or Chinese supermarket in your town. Or you can also find it from Fresh Direct web site. WHole Food store may have it too.

Darwin58 01-29-2007 04:17 PM

Well,

Green tea has caffeine as mentioned, this can cause a lot of problems if you have muscle spasms or high stress as it generally tightens muscles with nervous energy.... this is just any caffeinated beverage, coffee, tea, coke, etc.

Green tea is very high, for a tea, in antioxidants and has been shown to increase the oxidization of fats.

It is commonly used for dieting, because it gives you energy, reduces apatite, and increases the oxidization of fat.

For me, I have found that green tea is a really "heady" buzz, where as pu ere tea is very earthy, rich, and gives a very "in-the-body" buzz.

In more than one instance mixing green tea and roasted yerba mate (fifty-fifty) has made my ears ring loudly, and made me so wired I couldn't stop for even a second.

Green tea is more or less safe, and as far as caffeinated beverages it is reasonably low in caffeine.

I love tea, so yummy.

Ciao,

Barry876 02-03-2007 11:35 PM

I'v tried alot of Green tea's in the last year, including the organic one's at health food stores and this Chinese Supermarket.
Some of the organic green tea's at Whole Foods was horrible.
It had this weird taste.
The 2 best Green Tea's I tried were the Celestial Green Tea Decaf.
The Celestial Green tea decaf, tastes alot better then the Celestial Green tea with caffein.

I also like the Bigelow Green Tea's.
The regular Green tea one and the Decaf one.
A really good tea people should try is the Bigelow Green tea with Lemon.
That tastes great.
I also tried the Celestial Green tea with Lemon.
The Bigelow was much better.
The Celestial was way to sweet.

Also I'm using this sugar called Florida Crystals demerara sugar.
Its a brown crystal sugar with a mollasses taste.
Its all natural with no chemicals and has this awesome taste.
They sell this in Whole Foods.
Its the best sugar for tea and coffee.

Mike In NY 02-04-2007 02:07 PM

Japanese Tea is stronger and greener than American or Chinese Teas. It pays to spend more for quality. Last year, I purchased a box of 100 tea bags of Chinese tea for $1.99 thinking I was getting a bargain. It was brown and tasted awful. Not a bargain at all.

*DottieGirl* 02-12-2007 03:23 AM

There are all kinds tea that are healthy for you; get the kind without caffiene in it. I believe that acupuncture therapy consists of having tea in your diet.