It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board

• Is there a way to stop snoring without using strips or wraps?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-04-2008, 11:41 AM   #1
    lifeofgold
    (male)

lifeofgold HB User
    Is there a way to stop snoring without using strips or wraps?

Hello,

We have tried everything to stop the snoring that my wife emits as she sleeps, we tried some aids to stop this such as the stip for your nose and a wrap for her throught, however this persists.... could there be further issues with her snoring? Will I need to continue with my sleepless nights listening to tis amazingly loud snore that wakes everyone but her? I need help.

-Randy-

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-05-2008, 04:06 PM   #2
    dolysods
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

dolysods HB User
    Re: Is there a way to stop snoring without using strips or wraps?

has she been to the doctor/tested for sleep apnea?

Old 11-13-2008, 02:13 AM   #3
    alt89
    (female)

alt89 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lifeofgold View Post
    Hello,

We have tried everything to stop the snoring that my wife emits as she sleeps, we tried some aids to stop this such as the stip for your nose and a wrap for her throught, however this persists.... could there be further issues with her snoring? Will I need to continue with my sleepless nights listening to tis amazingly loud snore that wakes everyone but her? I need help.

-Randy-
    Hi Randy
    I hope you had a better nights sleep recently. If you have still not found a solution to the snoring please read on

I am sure you are aware snoring is noisy breathing during sleep that occurs when relaxed structures in the throat vibrate and make noise.
    Doctors say: most snoring is harmless, though it can be a nuisance mostly for others (usually the partner).

Some snoring can be stopped with lifestyle changes , particularly losing weight, cutting down on smoking and alcohol, and changing sleeping positions. This in general means keeping snorers off their backs and on their sides as a way to keep the airway more open during sleep. Sleeping on the sides reduces snoring. There are many products available to help assist you in sleeping on your sides and to prevent sleeping on the back.

Relaxation techniques: Stress can be a reason for snoring. Job pressures, traffic, and relationship pressures can be a cause for snoring. These can be alleviated through meditation, Yoga, massage, and even a hot water bath can help to a certain extent.

Dolysods mentioned visiting your doctor. This could be of use to you unless you have already done this step.

I will include a few explanations of some meditation practices incase your partner would like try them –
    1: Breathing meditation. At its simplest, this just involves focusing on your breathing. It’s an easy technique to learn. You can perform this meditation at any time, with no preparation and no special equipment.

2: Walking meditation. Again, this is easy and requires no more than a few spare minutes and somewhere to walk. Simply pay attention to your surroundings as you walk.

3: Binaural Beats meditation. Probably the simplest way to drop into a deep meditative state with near enough no effort on your part beyond setting aside some time and pressing “play” on your iPod or CD player.

4: Guided meditation. This can be done either live with someone guiding you through the process or by listening to a pre-recorded guided meditation. You can find many free guided meditations on the internet.

I hope this helps
    I wish you many restfulness nights sleep in the future.
    alt89

Old 11-19-2008, 08:36 AM   #4
    VA_girl
    (female)

VA_girl HB User

Check out the show The Doctors on TV. I believe they talked about it a little. I remember one of them using a pot-looking thing, I know there's a name, I can't remeber, looks kinda like a genie bottle. But you're supposed to pour it in your nose to clear out mucus. There are clear directions out there for you, I do additional research on the web. Snoring is often just a mucus build up too. Clearing out the sinus cutting back on dairy...etc.. keep searching, I do believe there's a way you guys can overcome this.

Last edited by moderator2; 11-20-2008 at 06:07 AM. Reason: posted disallowed website(s)

Old 11-19-2008, 11:41 AM   #5
    imklo928
    (female)

imklo928 HB User

its called a nettie pot

Closed Thread