HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Alternative Medicine (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/alternative-medicine/)
-   -   white furry tongue and mouth sores/canker sores (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/alternative-medicine/662982-white-furry-tongue-mouth-sores-canker-sores.html)

tcmalt 01-15-2009 04:42 PM

white furry tongue and mouth sores/canker sores

Hi everyone,
I've had a white furry tongue for almost 6 mos. I also get a lot of mouth sores or canker sores. I went to Hawaii 6 months ago and had really terrible diarrhea and vomiting and also had 102 degree temp. I took Levaquin to get rid of the infection and I was given a shot to stop the vomiting and diarrhea. I didn't have a white tongue then but after about 2 mos. I had severe diarrhea and bloating in addition to a family member being diagnosed with cancer and a break-up. After that I've never been the same.

My alternative dr. thought I had candida or parasites ...so I did the anti candida diet for 90 days and I took antifungals....it didn't help. Then I got a stool sample done which concluded I had a bacterial infection called pseudomonas aeurginosa...and I didn't have parasites or candida. I took some herbal antibiotics to get rid of it and haven't been successful. My stools have been better and I no longer am feeling like I am having an allergic reaction to foods.

Should I take regular antibiotics that the stool sample said the infection would be sensitive to? Or should I keep going the alternative route? I did try some of the herbal antibiotics that the infection was supposedly sensitive too but I still have my white tongue. I just don't know what to do. Could my tongue be furry and white b/c of digestive issues? Any advice is welcomed. Thank you in advance.

dolysods 01-16-2009 09:17 AM

Re: white furry tongue and mouth sores/canker sores

sounds like thrush to me. There is a compounded liquid your doctor can order called magic mouthwash. I do use alternatives whenever possible though. Are you still taking probiotics? I've read that most of your immune system is in your gut.

How much pop/soda do you drink? When i stopped drinking caffienated drinks, the canker sores went away.. i also cut down on how much.

tcmalt 01-16-2009 01:58 PM

Hi
Thanks for your response. No I don't drink pop/caffeine at all. I eat only healthy grains like quinoa, amaranth, brown rice, millet..vegetables, and red meat, fish, or chicken, and nuts/seeds. I don't eat processed food. I do eat a little bit of fruit but not much. I had that stool sample done which said it wasn't yeast which would be thrush right? I don't know what more to do. I think the bacterial infection is causing digestive issues...hence the white furry tongue but I don't know.

dolysods 01-16-2009 02:00 PM

is it possible you have a gluten intolerance or celiacs? anything with grains?

tcmalt 01-16-2009 02:09 PM

I am not sure. I have not had gluten/wheat b/c my alternative dr. did say I may have a sensitivity to that. How do I get checked for celiacs?

itburns2004 01-21-2009 10:05 AM

Do you smoke?? Or use anti-acids (of any kind) medications can give you a white furry tongue. Dehydration can give this to you as well. I would suggest an integated MD...you get the best of both worlds this way..an alterative dotor nd medical doctor in ONE. acam will give you a list. I am on aciphex and get th white tongue thing. I have heard of peope rubbing acidophilis on it or oil of oreganol p73(is HOT stff). Be really careful about tying it scrub it off-it gives you cotton mouth for a few days.;)