It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board

• white furry tongue and mouth sores/canker sores

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-15-2009, 05:42 PM   #1
    tcmalt
    (female)

tcmalt HB User
    white furry tongue and mouth sores/canker sores

Hi everyone,
    I've had a white furry tongue for almost 6 mos. I also get a lot of mouth sores or canker sores. I went to Hawaii 6 months ago and had really terrible diarrhea and vomiting and also had 102 degree temp. I took Levaquin to get rid of the infection and I was given a shot to stop the vomiting and diarrhea. I didn't have a white tongue then but after about 2 mos. I had severe diarrhea and bloating in addition to a family member being diagnosed with cancer and a break-up. After that I've never been the same.

My alternative dr. thought I had candida or parasites ...so I did the anti candida diet for 90 days and I took antifungals....it didn't help. Then I got a stool sample done which concluded I had a bacterial infection called pseudomonas aeurginosa...and I didn't have parasites or candida. I took some herbal antibiotics to get rid of it and haven't been successful. My stools have been better and I no longer am feeling like I am having an allergic reaction to foods.

Should I take regular antibiotics that the stool sample said the infection would be sensitive to? Or should I keep going the alternative route? I did try some of the herbal antibiotics that the infection was supposedly sensitive too but I still have my white tongue. I just don't know what to do. Could my tongue be furry and white b/c of digestive issues? Any advice is welcomed. Thank you in advance.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2009, 10:17 AM   #2
    dolysods
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

dolysods HB User
    Re: white furry tongue and mouth sores/canker sores

sounds like thrush to me. There is a compounded liquid your doctor can order called magic mouthwash. I do use alternatives whenever possible though. Are you still taking probiotics? I've read that most of your immune system is in your gut.

How much pop/soda do you drink? When i stopped drinking caffienated drinks, the canker sores went away.. i also cut down on how much.

Old 01-16-2009, 02:58 PM   #3
    tcmalt
    (female)

tcmalt HB User

Hi
    Thanks for your response. No I don't drink pop/caffeine at all. I eat only healthy grains like quinoa, amaranth, brown rice, millet..vegetables, and red meat, fish, or chicken, and nuts/seeds. I don't eat processed food. I do eat a little bit of fruit but not much. I had that stool sample done which said it wasn't yeast which would be thrush right? I don't know what more to do. I think the bacterial infection is causing digestive issues...hence the white furry tongue but I don't know.

Old 01-16-2009, 03:00 PM   #4
    dolysods
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

dolysods HB User

is it possible you have a gluten intolerance or celiacs? anything with grains?

Old 01-16-2009, 03:09 PM   #5
    tcmalt
    (female)

tcmalt HB User

I am not sure. I have not had gluten/wheat b/c my alternative dr. did say I may have a sensitivity to that. How do I get checked for celiacs?

Old 01-21-2009, 11:05 AM   #6
    itburns2004
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

itburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB User

Do you smoke?? Or use anti-acids (of any kind) medications can give you a white furry tongue. Dehydration can give this to you as well. I would suggest an integated MD...you get the best of both worlds this way..an alterative dotor nd medical doctor in ONE. acam will give you a list. I am on aciphex and get th white tongue thing. I have heard of peope rubbing acidophilis on it or oil of oreganol p73(is HOT stff). Be really careful about tying it scrub it off-it gives you cotton mouth for a few days.

Closed Thread