It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board

• Pain Management with Natural herbs and vitamins

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-19-2015, 01:14 PM   #1
    newlife777
    (female)

newlife777 HB User
    Pain Management with Natural herbs and vitamins

Hello,
    This is my first time to post here, so please bare with me. I am 73, have severe back pain due to degenerative disc disease. I also have spondylolisthesis, and sciatica pain. I have seen a chiropractor for many years and have gotten steroid shots every 4 months for the past 2 years for the pain. None of this helps anymore. I have tried lots of herbal and alternative pain medications, none have helped. I got bronchitis last week and had to go to the Dr. She prescribed and anti-biotic and Prednisone 10 Mg. for 6 days with a tapering off on the 6th day. I have not felt this good in a very long time. Very little pain. I felt like wonder woman. So I began searching for a natural steroid. I found that Dong Quai is noted for this. So I began it yesterday and am taking 4 pills per day at 250 mg./pill. I am also taking Curcumin2K and Dr. Al Sear's Krill, 1 per day. How long do you think it will take before I know that this is working? I just cannot go back to the intense pain that I was in before the Prednisone. So any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you,
    Joan

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-21-2015, 03:48 AM   #2
    tess201
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB User
    Re: Pain Management with Natural herbs and vitamins

Here are a few suggestions but neither covered by insurance:

*** (plasma rich protein)/ozone injections

Stem cell injections

I haven't yet tried the stem cell yet but I'm having good results with the *** with a long-standing back issue.

I also use the natural anti-inflammatory - Terry Naturally Extra Strength Curamin. You can take it 3/x a day, if needed.

Best with all this,

Tess

The Following User Says Thank You to tess201 For This Useful Post:
    newlife777 (04-18-2015)
    Closed Thread