It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alzheimer's Disease & Dementia Message Board

DARPA's brain implants

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-20-2015, 03:34 PM   #1
Esund
(male)

Esund HB User
DARPA's brain implants

I was scrolling through ******** and I happened upon an article "the U.S. military is developing a brain implant to help restore memory" posted by IFLScience. Before I continue, I am more than aware of the lack of credibility of both sources. Being on the path to finish my next two year and apply to med school and after having read the article I had one question of many that continues to plague my thoughts.

Question: [Assuming Ceteris Paribus in reference to the information in the article]
a. What kind of application could such a technology have on degenerative brain disorders?
b. If so, would it be possible to eradicate said disorder if you were able to catch it early? [also would there be a way to redirect the progression of the disease to a small part of the brain and isolate it effectively enough to allow it to basically run its course on a smaller scale with limited damage?]

Any input or further knowledge on the technology and my questions would be greatly appreciated!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-24-2016, 12:05 PM   #2
marku1999
(male)

marku1999 HB User
Re: DARPA's brain implants

I have no info on the subject, but hopefully it can lead to a treatment!

Reply Reply

Tags
alzheimer, brain and nervous system, neurons