It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alzheimer's Disease & Dementia Message Board

Some advice please

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-21-2016, 11:46 AM   #1
Rhijay
(female)

Rhijay HB User
Some advice please

Hi,
This may be long but feel it's important I give all information in this post.
My mum is 64 and was diagnosed with early onset Alzheimer's 6 or so years ago.
In the past 3-4 weeks mum has taken a real downward turn. She is anxious all the time, very agitated, crying, struggling to communicate.
We saw an out of hours GP a few weeks ago who diagnosed a UTI/kidney stones. She was on antibiotics. We went back to her GP a week later and UTI was still present, so more antibiotics were prescribed. Went back yesterday and apparently there is now no sign of a UTI.
(By the way, to get a urine sample, I put a plastic bowl in the toilet when she went to wee- then poured into a sample pot.)
Mum doesn't want to eat (hasn't eaten anything today) and it's tough to get her to drink.
We got an emergency appointment with her consultant neurologist but mum was so anxious and sleepy we couldn't leave the house.
I think she is suffering from depression also, and is on a low dose of anti depressants. The GP was going to consult the mental health team regarding changing the medication and get back to us today but hasn't done so yet.
She's weepy and agitated. As I said this is a sudden downward turn, and very noticeable.

Please can I have some advice as to what this sounds like from experience? Also which stage does this sound like? I'm struggling, and really want doctors to listen and help, but don't know what's happening or how to look after her properly.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply