It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alzheimer's Disease & Dementia Message Board

Concerned, would like input

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-05-2016, 11:26 AM   #1
flop22
(male)

flop22 HB User
Concerned, would like input

Hello,

About a month ago, I began with a week and a half long stint of anxiety. It was keeping me from sleeping, concentrating at work. I saw my general doc and she gave me Celexa, which I took for two days but stopped after some aggressive side effects. Two days after that, things started to get much better.

From that point on, I felt back to normal for the most part. Then in the past few days, I began to think maybe that episode was the beginning of Early On Set ALZ or Dementia.

My Mom's mom was diagnosed with moderate ALZ when she was around 80. My dad was diagnosed with Vascular Dementia at age 59 (although the docs have said his previous strokes/mini-strokes and a terrible bout with pneumonia contributed to this).

As for me, I'm scared that I'm starting to get some sort of ALZ or Dementia right now. I'm 34, do smoke, drink socially, blood pressure is good (in fact was 117/78 yesterday), and am in good physical shape. It's not that I'm scared I will get in down the road; I'm worried I have it now, as in early on-set. (Note, my memory is still good, although I do seem to misplace my keys from time to time).

Any advice would be great, thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-05-2016, 11:35 AM   #2
flop22
(male)

flop22 HB User
Re: Concerned, would like input

To add one more thing, I know at my age its rare for someone to have early onset and that my symptoms don't make a total amount of sense.

I see how my dad has changed and how out of the blue my anxiety and borderline depression was a month back, I just wanted some input. Thanks in advance!

Old 08-05-2016, 12:09 PM   #3
rosequartz
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
Re: Concerned, would like input

I'm no expert, but I wouldn't think of ALZ or dementia. My first thought would be you're in a vicious circle of anxiety and insomnia. You are anxious because you can't sleep and you can't sleep because you are anxious. Try to find a way to unwind and relax! Examine your caffeine intake also!

Reply Reply