It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alzheimer's Disease & Dementia Message Board

Low Dose Klonopin-Still Affects Memory? Help!

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-25-2017, 08:46 AM   #1
Coyotesdawn

Coyotesdawn HB User
Unhappy Low Dose Klonopin-Still Affects Memory? Help!

I have been on klonopin for a year now at only 0.5mg a day. I am just turning 23, but I feel like I am actually turning 73.

Every physician I have seen except one says it is safe (yeha right), and are ignoring my concerns that it could be causing long term damage to my nervous system.

I have been noticing a small level of long term memory loss for the past few months now. It started as a fogginess in recalling events, even though I could still recall the spoen events, but I felt a weird sensation in my brain. Nowadays I fear that I am forgetting whole swaths of time from my childhood onward, and even in college, which was just a year ago for me. I definitely am aware of blanks.

This comes with other severe neurologic problems, like daily migraines, vascular problems in my inner ears, vertigo, depression, and extreme muscle tension from the neck up. There is some chance I could have an autoimmune diseases, but sometimes I wonder whether that benzo is to blame for everything.
I know that forgetting just one of my 0.25 doses a day can cause a massive symptom flare up and leave me incapacitated for a day or so. I know that I have a dependance on this poisonous substance therefore.

I know that klonopin could cause some of the above effects on a larger dose, but what if it is just a small dose? Is there still a potential for memory and cognitive damage?

For the record I also take amrix every day to help with the horrific muscle tension.

Please give all the help and advice you can. I'm lining up some physicians to potentially sue over the mishandling of previous drug prescriptions in any case.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
cognitive decline, klonopin, memory loss