It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alzheimer's Disease & Dementia Message Board

Rosemary for Alzheimer's treatment

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-18-2003, 11:13 AM   #1
isolated one
Inactive

isolated one HB User
Post Rosemary for Alzheimer's treatment

My mother is in the final stages of Alzheimer's and was given a rough estimate of only 6 more months of life back in November. As is very common, her condition can change from day to day but still in a general direction for the worse. She reached the point where, if she was even awake at all, she couldn't communicate anymore and hardly showed the sign of being aware of my presence. I've been using alternative medicine for a few years now to treat my depression, anxiety, and also for general health. I've since discovered the overlooked value of the herb Rosemary and now use it to treat the symptoms of my depression. I've also noticed better clarity of thought along with an improved short term memory. I was able to get the doctor's permission to give this herb to my mother and we figured at least it couldn't hurt. Much to my surprise, there's been a noticable change. There have been quite a few day now where my mom has been more focused and alert than she's been in a long time. I even got some news from one of her nurses who said my mother had a brief conversation with her. Its been at least a year or two since I can remember anything like that. This change has also been noticed by others on the nursing staff as well as her doctor, who is very surprised. Now I'm not suggesting this is any kind of a "cure" for Alzheimer's but the improvement in my mother's condition is something to be said about Rosemary and it's given me some more quality time with her that I thought had been thing of the past.........Gary

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-25-2003, 04:24 PM   #2
MONITO

MONITO HB User
Hi,
Are you still using rosemary with positive results? I want to buy some for my grandma and was wondering in what form you gave it to your mom..caps,liquid etc?? Does it have to be a certain strength?

Old 07-27-2003, 01:52 PM   #3
Snooks

Snooks HB User
Hello - I too am interested in alternative healing. I recently bought my mother a room diffuser and tried lavender which seemed to bring about some positive change. Are you recommending an essential oil? How do you give the rosemary. Thanks. Snooks

Old 07-29-2003, 02:33 PM   #4
MONITO

MONITO HB User
Question

Has anybody else been using Rosemary? If so can you let me know what form you use and if you've noticed any difference?

All Replies Welcomed

Closed Thread