It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alzheimer's Disease & Dementia Message Board

• How I wish it would all go away, but it won't anytime soon

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-10-2009, 06:15 PM   #16
    Gabriel
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Gabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB User
    Re: How I wish it would all go away, but it won't anytime soon

I smiled when I read those last two post Everybody calls me Deb. I declare myself sisters with Jill and Diane. We can leave my sister and Diane's sister in the martyr competition and move out!

You did just the right thing Diane. You don't need to be in the chaos as you try to mend your own self. This is a time for you to sit back, relax, heal, and enjoy the beautiful snowfall.

Ibake is right. Your sister is creating more drama than she is helping. Proactive is a much better way to go. Beyond that the first rule of Planet Alzheimer is DON"T ARGUE WITH THEM! The food fight is just that, an agrument over whether Mom eats or not. For sister to try to make Mom conform to Sister's reality is only frustrating them both.... and YOU!

So kudo's to you for driving away as fast as possible. You have tried to help. You have said the things that need to be said. The missing part is your sister has not listened to you. She insist on doing it her way. So let her! She is digging a deep hole for herself and you don't need to be drug into the hole with her. Somebody has to be on the outside to help her out when she is ready!

I do hope you are feeling well and healing nicely!!! I am jealous of your snow. I so love snow and all we get is rain.....

Love, deb

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-10-2009, 06:59 PM   #17
    ibake&pray
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User

Diane, (what a delightful name-the goddess of war)
    I too love the snow. And living here in the DC area we just get snert-snow and dirt-when we do get it and it's depressing. So far we got some pellets of ice today and then it went to rain. Which is miserable and makes the hardware in my back freeze up and then I am miserable and tend to get a tad terse with those around me. Hopefully it will either dry up and go colder or get warmer before Monday as this is hard weather for me to go back to work in. It will mean that I will find myself on the floor behind my desk for awhile while I straighten out my back. That does inconvience my day some... at least my boss is used to it and it doesn't upset him.... I sure do miss our Minn. winters tho...

I'm not sure that we should share a towel with Diane's sister yet. She doesn't know what they mean. She truly isn't a caregiver. To be a true care giver you need to have compassion and concern and love and be willing to put the needs of your charge before the wants of yourself. I just don't think that sister can do that. Until she can do that, she can't have a towel and will have to crawl outta that hole all by herself......sorry. I guess we could stand and watch just to make sure that she doesn't pull Diane into the hole with her trying to get out though......

Do lay low and get better. Don't lift, don't over do...and no hanky pankyYou need to get better first. put your feet up and take naps and rest. That's what this time is for. BTW, take the phone off the hook too. You should have just taken the puppy with you......

Old 01-11-2009, 06:04 AM   #18
    Martha H
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Martha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB User

I have 11 inches of white clean snow, can I send you some of it?

Old 01-11-2009, 08:58 AM   #19
    ibake&pray
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User

BOX IT UP! the dogs and I are waiting!

Old 01-11-2009, 09:54 AM   #20
    caringsister54
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

caringsister54 HB Usercaringsister54 HB Usercaringsister54 HB Usercaringsister54 HB Usercaringsister54 HB User

Okay all sing with me "We got very little! ha -- Cha cha cha"
    'we got very little"."

Well all, I had a great time recuperating away from home but alas I must go back, do laundry and get ready for work tomorrow. Its been enjoyable, my girlfriend's been a real treat but can't escape reality much longer.

Have a great day everyone. I'll write again later.

Old 01-11-2009, 11:37 AM   #21
    petal*pusher
    Veteran
    (female)

petal*pusher HB User

Caring...great to hear you're doing O.K........well, in most areas except your Mom.

One thing I've learned is that our own personal schedule means nothing.........a dementia/Alzheimer's person has absolutely NO set schedule..............sleeping, eating, er....,p**ping...EVERYTHING is simply done "when it needs to be done". It surprised me the first time Mom didn't realize she had just eaten a meal and thought it was time for supper...this becomes common. Now, in this last stage, her little mouth opens and turns towards my cheek as I kiss it...much as a newborn reaches for the breast.

-------------

It's beautiful outside here too! More than 12" of the white stuff...and some is drifting down right now! The weather man predicts more snow each day this week! (Hmmmmm...maybe a delay or closing of schools one day??......)

Bird feeders are very busy...and those pesky bluejays keep pushing seeds aside to get the sunflower seeds. Tons of smaller birds on the ground trying to find 'em before the snow gets deeper! ........Pam

Old 01-11-2009, 12:58 PM   #22
    Gabriel
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Gabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB User

Martha and Pam PLEASE!!!! send some snow my way. I love it and so rarely get to see any. We got rain last night The closest we have come in two years is a little ice. Diane... any escape is a good escape for as long as it last. Just be mindful that you are not completely recovered yet and need to take it easy for a while both physically and mentally. I do hope the situation next door is as quiet as possible when you return and you can just do what is necssary to get yourself ready for tomorrow, get a good night's sleep, and be ready to go in the morning.

Love, deb

Old 01-11-2009, 02:23 PM   #23
    ibake&pray
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Diane,

Do be quiet as a little mouse...just scurry around without a sound. and do what you need with speed. Put your self to bed instead. And rest your quiet head.

Closed Thread