It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alzheimer's Disease & Dementia Message Board

Alz

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-13-2014, 08:01 PM   #1
js4vna2
(female)

js4vna2 HB User
Alz

My husband has had alz for many years and is in the latter stage I noticed lately that his hands and arms are kind of cold Could this mean anything?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2014, 10:58 PM   #2
Gabriel
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB UserGabriel HB User
Re: Alz

I am sorry you are having to deal with this.....

Cold hands or feet is usually a result of poor circulation. Does he have any Coronary Disease? If there is limited blood flow from the heart it will send the blood to the brain, and heart first leaving limited flow to the extremities. Is there any color change in the hands and/or feet or just cool to the touch? You may want to mention this to his physician. He may want to check the pulse at the ankles and the wrist to be sure there is adequate blood flow

Love, deb

Old 09-14-2014, 05:20 PM   #3
js4vna2
(female)

js4vna2 HB User

thank you for your advice I will ask about checking his pulse as far as I know, he doesn't have heart disease thanks again

Old 09-15-2014, 09:42 AM   #4
scorptired
(female)

scorptired HB Userscorptired HB Userscorptired HB Userscorptired HB User

My husband has late stage Alzheimer's and his hands and sometimes his feet started feeling cold several years ago. I mentioned it to his doctors and tests have been done to check his heart. The neurologist told me that they see it in some Alzheimer's patients as well as an immobilized left or right side that almost mimics a stroke. His nose would get kind of purplish too when his circulation was compromised.

Old 09-15-2014, 01:17 PM   #5
DadDanny
(female)

DadDanny HB User

I'm so sorry your husband has entered the latter stages of ALZ. My dad's hands were cold at the late stages too & he started wearing a heavy long shirt even during the hot summer months.

Old 09-15-2014, 01:23 PM   #6
sonofvasc
(male)

sonofvasc HB User

My dad with dementia is always cold and needs to be bundled up. His fingers are so cold that they can't get an accurate blood oxygen percent without working to warm them up first.

Reply Reply