It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Amputation / Prosthetic Message Board

finger amputation question

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-04-2015, 08:42 AM   #1
videogamecrazed
(male)

videogamecrazed HB User
finger amputation question

hi all I have not posted here in years. I recently had about 75% or more of my pointer finger amputated and the finger next to it "sewn up" I had the bone and tendon hanging out of a full finger length avulsion. the dr said that there was not enough skin to sew it shut so he stitched it hoping scar tissue would form and close it. it may or may not have to be amputated still. depends on the healing. its been one week post op and have lots of pain, and burning tingling nerve pain as well. how long should I expect the healing process to take and or for the pain to subside enough to where I can go back to work. anyone have experience with this? I am currently unemployed but am a skilled butcher and car salesman. heck of a combo a know but was a firefighter till I had 5 back surgeries, obviously cant do that anymore.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply