It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Amputation / Prosthetic Message Board

• Finger amputation

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-30-2006, 03:46 PM   #1
    Frozen art
    (male)

Frozen art HB User
    Finger amputation

History; I froze my hand in November. Lost all four nails, three have come back normal. The little finger did not come back normal, I lost about a third of the last digit. Tissue died back leaving exposed bone, that has been removed (not surgically).

My local wanted to amputate at the knuckle after tissue recovered in March, I thought that may be a bit excessive. After visual exam in March the term Osteomyelitis (bone infection) has been the reason for amputation. It was late June before I got any infection and I know how that happened. The pain other than what I expected from recovery is similar to an ingrown nail. If I eliminate the nail then it will always be super sensitive without a nail to absorb the little bumps that occur everyday but I may still have the remaining bone. The nurses say the decision is mine but if I don't let the doc cut his attitude changes (I told you how to take care of the problem, cut it off and now you are wasting my time looking for alternatives.... or some thing similar).

Thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. I think amputation based on a visual exam may be premature. I realize most will have no experience with freezing the ends off your hands. It is one of the hazards of working with Santa Claus .

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread