It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) Message Board

is it anxiety ... Scared of ALS

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-28-2016, 10:56 PM   #1
Ghaa
(female)

Ghaa HB User
is it anxiety ... Scared of ALS

im 19 yo and i have muscles twitching when im sitting especially i keep looking and googling my symptoms and reading about horrible disease like ALS !!! 3 months and I related all my symptoms to all kind of diseases im terrified 💔💔💔💔 im scared of als i did mri and its normal but i thought Als can't be examined by mri.

everything started in October I had shoulder pain in the right side and there was burning sensation in my right breast as well and I felt a little numbness in the right hand. but the pain disappeared the start of November I started looking at everything in my body I swear it's crazy. I was scared of skin cancer although my moles looked normal and I'm still young and I have 0 risk factors and I went to dermatology he told you are fine why you are worrying about this !
I spent November worrying about a lot of things. the beginning of December I was fine but suddenly I had shoulder and neck pain again in the left side I was worried again and stressed what is this. I tried to calm down but I failed I went to the neurology doctor I told him about my pain he did test with small hammer i dunno what to call it sorry and asked me when I started feeling this I told him everything my dad told the doctor that I started taking Accutane in October the start of October but i stopped it at the end of the same month because the doctors told me maybe it's the reason for the muscles strain I was thinking no because only one month and even less like 6 pills were left and I was taking only 10mg.

after reading about symptoms and feeling the symptoms in my body i keep on shaking because im scared and i cry all the day. all my tests are normal i told my it's due to stress but im scared if it's serious i have muscles twitching sometimes only when im sitting in my bed for example when i stand i don't think i have them. i saw that twitching can be related to MS or ALS. and ALS is so scary Im really scared pls what should i do

sorry for the bad English it's my second language ;(

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-28-2016, 11:21 PM   #2
TimAlley
(male)

TimAlley HB UserTimAlley HB User
Re: is it anxiety..Scared of ALS

Hello Ghaa,

I am sorry you are having these symptoms. Let me first say that I am not a doctor. I do however know ALS quite well. You have no ALS symptoms. You have seen a neurologist snd they have told you that as well.

I would encourage you to talk to your family doctor about anxiety. Anxiety can cause many of your symptoms. Also Dr.Google is a quack, don't talk to him.

ALS is a terrible disease, be thankful you don't have it.

Take care,

James

Old 12-28-2016, 11:35 PM   #3
Ghaa
(female)

Ghaa HB User

Thank you so much, I will try my best to control myself and this's why im scared of this als because it's horrible and im still 19

Old 12-29-2016, 12:02 AM   #4
TimAlley
(male)

Ghaa,

Please feel free to post freely. I am not sure what ails you, anxiety or otherwise. I do however do know you do not have ALS.

Take care,

James

Old 12-29-2016, 12:08 AM   #5
Ghaa
(female)

Ghaa HB User

Hope i get more opinions 😭

Old 12-30-2016, 11:15 AM   #6
Ghaa
(female)

Ghaa HB User
Re: is it anxiety ... Scared of ALS

I can't stop thinking im so scared

Old 12-30-2016, 10:51 PM   #7
TimAlley
(male)

Re: is it anxiety ... Scared of ALS

You have described no symptoms of ALS. Speak with your primary care physician about your anxiety

Take care,

James.

Reply Reply