It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) Message Board

Possible ALS

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-28-2017, 12:34 PM   #1
jeremy7768
(male)

jeremy7768 HB User
Possible ALS

At a recent Neurologist visit for a seizure I had I told the DR. About weakness and twitching in my left hand. After doing a few test he noticed weakness and some muschle loss. He then ordered an EMG. I had the EMG last week and the Neuros office called and said that the EMG was abnormal in both my left arm (where the weakness and twitching is) and the right. However it is worse in the left arm. He has now ordered a lot of blood work as he put it to rule out any other culprits. This is starting to sound like he is trying to rule stuff out in order to possibly diagnose ALS. I have a follow up in a couple of weeks for another EMG to see how things are progressing. I know I should calm down but it has me slightly worried.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2017, 06:15 PM   #2
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: Possible ALS

There are literally thousands of diseases and disorders which match your symptoms. I have them too and was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis 15 years ago. Its an autoimmune disease, not a death sentence and extremely managable.

In the 15 years since I was dx, I have gotten 4 degrees including a doctorate in business, traveled the world for work and pleasure, raised 3 kids and am happily married. My oldest is now getting married herself.

Try not to worry! There are SO many things that it could be...its probably nothing.,

Best,
MSNik

Old 04-28-2017, 11:47 PM   #3
TimAlley
(male)

TimAlley HB UserTimAlley HB User

Hello Jeremy,

I concur with MSNIk. There are countless mimicries. ALS is very rare, even moreso with no family history.

You will have extensive labwork ordered.

My advice is to stay off doctor google. The moment you type in twitch iit sends everyone into a panic.

Try not to worry. Hopefully yiu rill get some answers soon.

Take care,

James

Old 05-01-2017, 09:43 AM   #4
jeremy7768
(male)

jeremy7768 HB User

Thanks for the encouragement and replies. I went for blood work today and am awaiting the results. I will keep you updated!
Thanks again!
Jeremy

Reply Reply