It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) Message Board

Thanks for the posts

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-06-2017, 12:29 AM   #1
justmee01
(female)

justmee01 HB User
Thanks for the posts

i read these boards secretly, i dont want to freek my husband out. my dilema is could i have bells or ALS or something else,
i just want to know, i am not scared, i will take what life throws, i am 57, loved my life and had lots of fun!
the reason i think its ALS is that it seems to be progressing, my top right lip now gets stuck on a top tooth which stops it falling back in place, no one notices this but me. also my tongue sits inside my mouth on the right side, i can feel it, and it has a little waist on the left and a little bulge on the right, it also wants to go slightly to the left when i stick it out. does this ever happen with Bells, or a stroke. i have googles and googled but still not sure.
obviously i wonder about my throat, every time it feels a little "off" or food goes down "the wrong way".
My heart goes out to everyone and their families on this site, so much for people to deal with its so overwelming.

Last edited by Administrator; 09-09-2017 at 07:42 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2017, 11:51 PM   #2
TimAlley
(male)

TimAlley HB UserTimAlley HB User
re: Thanks for the posts

Does not sound even remotely like ALS.
Have you seen a neurologist?

Take care,

James

Old 09-09-2017, 05:11 AM   #3
justmee01
(female)

justmee01 HB User
re: Thanks for the posts

Thanks for your reply it has put my mind st rest. I am still waiting for an appointment date. My symptoms are very mild and only I notice them but my dentest must have thought it important enough after my last dental visit to ring me and prompt me to see my doctor. Hopefully it's just an ear infection or something easily fixable
Thanks again

Old 09-12-2017, 09:45 AM   #4
justmee01
(female)

justmee01 HB User
Re: Thanks for the posts

I am still waiting for an appointment, I phoned my doctors today to ask how long I was likely to wait but the receptionist didnít know, any ideas for Scotland?
Still worried as I can see muscle wasting in my hands and wrists, my watch is so loose now and I have gullies in the back of my hands, a really deep one next to my little finger and I can feel the tendons moving which is a bit creepy. I use my hands lots at work and am physically quite strong. They also ache a bit, especially my thumbs.
Just to add to this my voice is a little horse and I feel chesty even though I have not had a cold in a few weeks.
I visited an old friend who does have a type of MND and she told me to relax so I promised myself to forget about things until I have tests but itís easier said than done 

Old 09-13-2017, 12:05 AM   #5
TimAlley
(male)

TimAlley HB UserTimAlley HB User

Sorry to hear about your continued symptoms.

It is very hard not to worry, but sounds nothing like ALS. I know quite a bit about it.

There are a thousand other scenarios, but not ALS.

Thanks,

James

Old 09-16-2017, 11:24 AM   #6
justmee01
(female)

justmee01 HB User

Well, here are my latest symptoms, I just hope in a few months time I look back at these posts and think what a drama queen I have been over nothing!
I now keep getting a feeling as if i have a chest infection and at the same time my voice goes deeper too. It comes and goes over the day. I am pretty sure I don't have a chest infection and if I do cough to try and clear it there is nothing there.
I don't like the feeling of tightness in my chest, it worries me more than anything so I will give it a week and if it hasn't gone away I will bite the bullet and even though I will feel like a hypochondriac I will speak to my doctor about my worries.

Reply Reply