It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) Message Board

• Waiting Diagnosis--Please help me understand Tests

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-14-2013, 12:29 AM   #1
    JodyI
    (female)

JodyI HB User
    Unhappy Waiting Diagnosis--Please help me understand Tests

I receved a copy of my EMG study and it says that my lower extremities showed nonspecific denervation of selective muscle patterns. Do you know what this means? My NCV study was normal. Had an MRI today and waiting for results. Will that show anything with ALS. I have hyper reflexes especially in the legs.

Last night I went to the ER for shortness of breath and had a breathing treatment and put on Prednisone, but I think my problem is with Carbon Dioxide. My symptoms are not improving. I will get my blood gasses tested.

My symptoms have been falling numerous times--causing rib cartilage problems, concusion, and sprained wrist and ankles and numerous bruises.

In addition, I can't swim across the length of my pool anymore. Tremendous shortness of breath even to the mailbox.

The weirdest thing has been my subconscious just as I fall into REM sleep--I experience a sensation that I am dying. This has been going on for a year, and my first fall was about 1.5 years ago.

Please help me understand the results. Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
    als, breathing.problems.neurology, emg/ncs