It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anemia Message Board

• Anyone has anemia from having long periods though.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-14-2015, 12:03 AM   #1
    gal3323
    (female)

gal3323 HB User
    Anyone has anemia from having long periods though.

I have been having the anemia condition for awhile since I have long periods though. I am really tired when I have my period ya. Does anyone here have the anemia condition from having long periods though. How do you be less tired when you have your period ya. I usually don't have much energy though. I just feel like not doing much ya. Even if I sleep more I am still tired. I think before my period I am pretty tired though. Anyone else like that. Is there anything I can do when I have my period to have more energy though. Thanks.

Last edited by gal3323; 08-14-2015 at 12:07 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-14-2015, 12:18 AM   #2
    enixus
    (female)

enixus HB User
    Re: Anyone has anemia from having long periods though.

Do you take iron supplements ? I have the same problem and I take desiccated liver in tablets (don't forget the vitamin c). Have you been diagnosed with low iron or anemia ? If not, you should get a blood test before taking any iron supplement.

Old 08-28-2015, 06:55 PM   #3
    Brek
    (female)

Brek HB User
    Re: Anyone has anemia from having long periods though.

I was diagnosed with Anemia 2 years ago. Last summer sometime I stopped taking my iron pill because I just simply forgot and then thought well I feel fine. Just had a CBC on Aug. 11th and my levels were low and I was diagnosed iron deficient anemia, but it was my fault for not taking my iron. My pine is caused by heavy period that last 6 days. This time around I am having what feels like vertigo/ dizziness and I started taking my iron on August 14th, but I am still getting the dizziness and I absolutely hate it!!! Now my PCP said to take my iron with food and Vitamin D because the vita D helps the body absorb the iron. I was told Vita C doesn't really help absorb the iron. I'm just hoping the dizziness stops soon.

Closed Thread