It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anemia Message Board

• Allergic to iron pills?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-04-2015, 01:44 AM   #1
    tomatoww
    (female)

tomatoww HB User
    Question Allergic to iron pills?

I was diagnosed with anemia for about a month now. I wasn't really sure that I had anemia at first, but I did have my suspicions. The doctor said it might have something to do with my heavy periods, but I'm not that sure since I've been having migraines and vertigo since elementary school. It has been getting worse lately, to the point that I can't even walk up the stairs without literally feeling like dying on the spot.

I've been taking iron pills everyday since then, but a few weeks back I started having rashes. I didn't tie the rashes to the iron pills because, well, I've only been taking them for a week or so and I thought the rashes were mosquito bites. The rashes started to spread throughout my body and I got kinda scared like I've gotten skin diseases or something so I looked it up on the internet. Turns out there are others like me.

I'm 17 (turning 18 in a few months), diagnosed with anemia. I heard someone said that they're unlucky because of their anemia at the supple age of 27. Ha, I laugh at your supple age. I can't even do sports now.

Are there any cures for the rashes I'm having? I stopped taking the pills 2 days ago and they don't seem to be going away. Maybe it's something else? My family members aren't having any rashes, so it is highly probable that I'm having an allergic reaction.

I would also love to hear about your experience, if you've experienced/ are experiencing this. Thanks in advance

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
    allergic reaction, anemia anemic eyes iron deficency, anemia iron allergy allergic