It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anemia Message Board

• New and have a question

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 05-29-2016, 07:41 AM   #1
    Willow2044
    (female)

Willow2044 HB User
    New and have a question

Hi! A little background: I have had hypothyroidism for about 15 years and just recently diagnosed with asthma and allergies. I also have been on again and off again anemic. My last blood work (about 2 weeks ago) said I am anemic again. So I went through another CBC, ferritin, B12, CRP testing. I am going for the results in three days. My question is this: I go to the gym three to four times a week for a class and really enjoy it. The last few times I really started to feel bad right in the middle. Could that be the anemia??? I know it isn't my fitness level as I have been going for over a year. The feeling is that I feel like I am either going to be sick to my stomach or faint. Has anyone experienced this? Should I back off the classes until I get this all sorted out?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-09-2016, 08:49 AM   #2
    barbw
    (female)

barbw HB User
    Smile Re: New and have a question

Oh yes, anemia can definitely sideline you. I was unable to walk up one flight of stairs at work, and was so embarrassed. I thought I was just really out of shape. Mine got to the point where I could not walk across the room without gasping for breath, end ended up in hospital for 4 days. Please take care!

Reply Reply