It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anemia Message Board

• Anemia

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 06-04-2016, 03:40 PM   #1
    MTB81
    (male)

MTB81 HB User
    Anemia

About two weeks I went in for my yearly physical. I am 35 years old and have always been extremely healthy with no health issues or family history. I am very active and exercise on a regular basis.

My blood test results were good across the board except my Vitamin D level was low and I was slightly anemic (13.7 hemoglobin). My iron level was fine.

My doctor put me on a Vitamin D pill once a week and told me to get my blood checked again in two weeks.

Three days ago I went to get a redraw of blood and learned my hemoglobin dropped to 12.5.

My doctor had me do a barium xray and a stool sample, both of which came back negative. He now wants me to do a colonoscopy.

Over the past two weeks I've noticed that I have had a "dazed" feeling and from time to time I have a minor difficulty breathing in addition to being a little more tired than usual.

I'm panicking. The doctor states he is confused as why this is happening because I appear to be in good health. Any input on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Last edited by MTB81; 06-04-2016 at 03:42 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-04-2016, 06:46 PM   #2
    Angelofmusic101
    (female)

Angelofmusic101 HB UserAngelofmusic101 HB User
    Re: Anemia

If you are loosing a good amount of blood somewhere it would explain the "dazed" feeling you get. You might even feel sluggish or out of energy which is expected when you're anemic. A colonscopy is where they normally start looking to see if they can find the problem. Good luck!

Reply Reply