It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anemia Message Board

• Can't figure out what to do

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 05-15-2017, 07:36 PM   #1
    SF guy
    (male)

SF guy HB User
    Can't figure out what to do

Been feeling awful for months. Finally get blood drawn and have ferritin of 8. Wow! Hemoglobin is low also at 13.4. White blood count is elevated.

So go through EDG and colonoscopy. Nothing. So swallow the pill camera, nothing. Was told there has to be a bleed but now being told there is nothing wrong except anemia for an unknown reason.

So prescribed iron pills and that's it

Just seems so strange to be told there has to be a bleed and now be told there is not yet Ferritin is so low.

Advice? Thoughts?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-17-2017, 02:55 AM   #2
    megirl
    (female)

megirl HB User
    Re: Can't figure out what to do

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SF guy View Post
    Been feeling awful for months. Finally get blood drawn and have ferritin of 8. Wow! Hemoglobin is low also at 13.4. White blood count is elevated.

So go through EDG and colonoscopy. Nothing. So swallow the pill camera, nothing. Was told there has to be a bleed but now being told there is nothing wrong except anemia for an unknown reason.

So prescribed iron pills and that's it

Just seems so strange to be told there has to be a bleed and now be told there is not yet Ferritin is so low.

Advice? Thoughts?

Do you have digestive issues? My problem with low ferritin was due to h-pylori infection and SIBO. Look into getting tested for those to rule out infection and if you do have either or both, getting it corrected should change your ability to absorb nutrients. You can take all the supplements you want and still not benefit from them if you have an infection.

Old 05-20-2017, 11:45 PM   #3
    SF guy
    (male)

SF guy HB User
    Re: Can't figure out what to do

Thank you. I was tested and all negative. I guess I just take the iron pills and hope they work -- with no idea why I have an issue

Reply Reply